Ostroff and Ivy Mixer

Sorry for the long update. Since this is a re-write it takes me longer to write chapters. I don't want to give you guys the same exact thing I gave in the three other books. I have to give new perspectives and new relationships that weren't elaborated on before. So bare with me and enjoy this update.

Brunch was a disaster if that's all you could call it. Chuck and I aren't speaking because of his actions and basically, how I put it to him he's the biggest dick in the world. Bart was displeased with us being a part of any of the ruckus. He expected better from us but then again, we're the children he never wanted. So, disappointment is just part of the game. And to make matters' worse it's Ivy week and we're all expected to be on our best behavior. This is one week we already have to decide our future or go with the one our parents have laid out for us. Bart came from nothing and expects Chuck and I to choose our own path as long as it suits him. It's like having the free will to do whatever you want but with strings attached. Having it all doesn't mean happiness.

__________________________________
To conclude this week hell we have to endure another assembly drilling into our head how importance this week is. I don't need this stress, especially with Fashion week fast approaching. "Good morning students. I ask all of you to show a little sympathy for our junior class. They are almost through with Ivy week." Our headmistress informs us.

"As is our long-standing tradition, the Constance Billard girls will be in charge of Friday Night's mixer. And the St. Jude's boys will provide the ushers for the visiting representatives."

"For those of you who dream of attending an Ivy league school, this mixer is the most important event of your life."

"But no pressure." Lies, they want you to crack under pressure to show the world that you're not perfect. They want you to be fearful of your future all in hopes of forcing you to do your best and then give them all credit for making you into the possibly great person you are today. Blair has her eyes only set on Yale. She practically bleeds Yale and it's moto. It's all she can ever talk about. She is determined to be the only Yale applicant to be accepted from Constance. And no one dares to challenge her.

Apparently, I missed out on a riveting field hockey match. Serena and Blair going at each other's throats like life depended on it. Instead, I had to take my Latin test early since I'll be missing it for work. Blair wouldn't stop blowing up my phone about how dare Serena do such a thing and she hates her and basically Blair complaining about nothing going her way. I head out of my class and I see Dan looking displeased as he glares at the bulletin board.

"Hey, Dan." I wave at him and he reluctantly waves back. I know he's still not over what happened at brunch. And who can blame him? He had a lot dumped on him and now our friendship is on the rocks.

"Uh, hi Ella."

"What are you looking so intently at?" I look and see it's the usher positions for the Ivy reps, but I don't see his name anywhere on it. "You didn't get Dartmouth."

"Nope but your good friend Nate did. He didn't even need to do anything for it."

"Don't say that."

"What it's true."

"Dan, Nate's family has a long history with the school and it's not his fault that his parents are pushing him to attend. He has no choice."

"Look, you're even defending him getting it over me."

"Dan where is this coming from?"

"What do you mean?"

"You weren't this bitter towards the world when we..."

"Well, this summer I never even knew your last name or that you lived in a hotel worth more than I can ever imagine!"