Missing Judges and Lying Mothers

Enjoy this new update and let me know what you think in the comments.

3rd Person's POV

It's a cold New Year Upper East Siders time to donate that fall wardrobe to the help and to present the world with a better version of you. Which could mean facing your future...and forgetting past mistakes. Or finally settling on a brand new path. But a new year doesn't wipe away old problems.

Blair is surprised to see Serena back from Winter break. "Well, welcome back. All this for two weeks?" Blair comments on Serena's extensive luggage.

"I had no idea where my PI mission was gonna take me. I had to prepared."

"For a night with Taylor Swift?" Blair mocks the cowgirl hat on the bed.

"Aside from forging affidavits that send innocent men to jail. Judge Stephens also enjoys riding horses on his ranch in Virginia." Serena explains as she begins to unpack her things.

"Well, someone did her research." Blair compliments her.

"Apparently, not enough because he wasn't there and no one knew where he was, so I had to pull an Erin Brockovich and go down to the Litchfield County clerk's office to try to get a copy of the case. And how's this for irony."

"Court records are public, so you wore a push-up bra for no reason?" Blair teases.

"No, the file was sealed because the case involved a minor." Serena lets out a big sigh. "Just take me away from my problems, please. Tell me, what did you do over the break?"

"Why? What did you hear?" Blair asks on the defense, and that causes Serena to give her a look. "I...ate leftovers." She lies. "And supervised Dorota taking down the tree. And I finally settled on who I want to intern for this semester. Indra Nooyi. Forbes number six most powerful woman in the world."

"Wow. I'm impressed."

"As she will be, once I figure out how to win her over before the internship deadline, which, yes, is in three days." Blair explains.

"Well, our break was not nearly as exciting as it was for Ella."

"Why? What did you hear?" Blair asks, confused. She spoke to Ella almost every day.

"She and Colin had their first away trip together, and it was romantic on the ski slopes of Switzerland and...why? Do you know something I don't?"

"Chuck may have told me a while back that Colin asked him and Lily for their blessings."

"What?!" Serena is so excited. "Ella's engaged?"

"I don't know since he hasn't asked her yet, but he did buy a gorgeous ring."

"You've seen it?"

"Chuck told me that he helped Colin pick the ring out. It's Harry Winston's Legacy Pink Diamond."

"Wow." Serena can't stop smiling. "She's finally getting her fairytale."

"Have you noticed there's a weirdness between her and Nate?" Blair inquires. "I know they've had their issues and all, but this seems like something more."

"I know they're not hanging out like they used to."

"I think he still has feelings for her."

"Really?" Blair nods her head.

"I can tell these things."

"Not to change the subject, but did you happen to see Dan over the break?"

"Why would I?" Blair quickly answers. "What's going on with you two anyway?"

"I don't know, I guess... we'll find out how we both feel at family brunch."