Masquerade and Clubs

Sorry for the long wait. I've been having writers block for this rewrite. I hope you all enjoy this update.

I never thought Blair and Serena would have made up as fast as they were at each other's throats again. But what else is new. Their relationship has always been hot and cold no matter how good things are between them there is always a fight waiting to happen. Eleanor favored Serena over Blair for her new line and betrayed her daughter more than before. But we got back at her by stealing some clothes and having our own best friend fashion show in the city. It's the most fun the three of us have had together in years it's something I've desperately missed. Blair had her annual sleepover which I was thankful to be out of town so I could miss the hazing drama she does on all of her new minions. Serena and Dan had their first date and it was one for the books. He tried being too romantic and fitting into a world that Serena lives in just to end the night at a bar playing pool. I hope their relationship is true for both of them. Serena deserves to find a good guy who wants more than to party and Dan is a good person who could make a big difference for Serena. He could make her realize that days of partying and not remembering what she did the night before is not all it's cracked up to be.

__________________________________
Getting back into the swing of things tonight's the masked ball and everyone is excited. Dressing up for these events is always so much fun. Chuck and Nate are probably pre-gaming already and Blair is ordering everyone around to make sure they look perfect. I instead find eating while watching the Food Network the best thing to relax me as I get ready. Someone knocks at my door and I head over to see a distraught Nate. "Hey." I greet him and he heads in with his heads till down.

"I'm sorry to bother you Elle, but I have to get this off my chest." I lead him to the couch and tells me how he's noticed weird behavior with his dad. First, his bank account had no money in it and now he's found cocaine in his dad's study. He doesn't know how to handle this situation.

"Have you told anyone? Like your mom or..."

"She wouldn't believe me if I told her. I uh...I don't know what to do but it's all making sense."

"Have you asked your dad?" He nods his head but I can tell without him saying anything it wasn't a good conversation.

"I just wish, you know that he'd be honest with me. It's like he and my mom they made some secret pact to act like robots."

"And you don't want to be treated like a kid." I say and a smile graces his face.

"Yes! Exactly! I just...he doesn't have to shut me out."

"Families like ours hide the most important things from those they love. I know that it's hard to understand but your dad has some reason for why he's not opening up to you. Whatever that reason is it doesn't mean you're wrong. I'm here for you no matter what."

"What should I do?"

"If I was in your situation and I was confident in what I know to be right then I would tell my dad again until he hears me."

"And what if he doesn't like what I say?"

"He's your dad. He's going to be mad and may try to shift blame but one day if everything turns out alright he will thank you."

"Is that what you think Bart would do?"

"Bart would have to care about me now for me to say anything on that matter."

"I'm sorry for coming by so unannounced and...

"Hey, we're friends Nate. I'm always here for you. Now take your mind off your dad and go get ready."