Chapter 8

Reese's POV

I fall asleep while leaning on Dom's shoulder on the bus. The music calms me and I instantly fall asleep. As I'm falling asleep I feel Dom lean his head on mine and say "sleep tight, beautiful."

I didn't think anything of it at the time because I was so tired. But I later realized that was the beginning of a whole new world.

•later that day•

I wake up to see that Spencer is sleeping and Michael took over the driving. Dom is still asleep with his hand resting on my thigh. I feel so safe when I'm next to him. It's like nothing in the world can hurt me.

Dom gives me a small hug telling me he's awake now.

"Where are we headed first?" I ask realizing I don't even know where we're driving.

"We're going to Portland right now!" Dom says getting all hyper at the thought of performing again.

"Yay! Really. I love Portland. It's so pretty and ugh I just love it so much." I say smiling.

"Yeah man I've never been and I'm so pumped to go!" Dom says making me laugh at the enthusiasm.

"You're laughing at me again?" Dom says jokingly.

"It seems as if that's all she can do." Adam adds in since he was obviously eavesdropping on our conversation. But that's ok. I think I'm actually becoming friends with this group of guys.

"Hey guys.... I need food or I'm going to eat one of you." Spencer says from his little corner of the bus.

"I will get off at the next exit so we can eat." Michael says in a jokingly scared voice.

"Haha you're so funny. I'm not being serious. It was just a metaphor!" Spencer says.

"It's all good dude. I use that all the time." I say trying to make him feel a bit better.

"Thanks Reese." He says and smiles at me.

•we get to McDonald's•

"YESSS!!" Spencer screams as he runs out of the car into the restaurant.

We all run after him and I run straight to the bathroom. I get out and walk back happily as if a weight was lifted off my chest. I didn't even notice I had to pee that bad. I think I was a little distracted by Dom's adorable-ness.

The guys are ordering when I get there and run up to make sure I don't miss hem order.

"Can I get a 20 piece chicken nuggets with a large fry and large soda?" I say smiling happily.

"Can you even eat all of that?" Dom says when he heads me order.

"Watch and learn buddy. Watch and learn" I say smirking at him.

About 10 minutes later we get our food and I go to sit down at a table. The guys follow me in shock at how much food I got. They all stare at me in confusion.

"What?" I ask seriously.

"But.... but you're so tiny. How can you eat all that?" Michael asks very confused. I could tell.

"I eat like a pro." I say as I start to eat. I start shoving fries on my mouth and get to my chicken nuggets. I open my sweet and sour sauce and dip it in. I take a bite and the next thing I know I'm down to 2 chicken nuggets and like 10 fries. I take a sip of my soda and realize the guys are staring at me again.

"Guys stop Sam Tarina. You're making me self-conscious." I say jokingly.

"How?" All four of them ask at the same time.

"I told you. I'm a pro eater." I say straight faces shoving my last few friend in my mouth. I eat my last two chicken nuggets and finish my soda. As I stand up to go refill my soda to take on the bus I let out a huge burp and the guys stand up and applaud me. Not the reaction I was expecting. I figured they would laugh or be in shock.

"Thank you! Thank you! I'd like to thank you, Adam, for buying me this wonderful meal that I had the pleasure of eating with an odd audience." I say as if I were getting an award. We all laugh and walk back to the bus. Dom stops me and asks me for something.

"Hey I have a question! It's important!" Dom says.

"Yeah what is it?" I say. Just as he was about to ask me a whole bunch of paparazzi showed up and me and Dom ran into the bus. "They definitely got our photo right?" I say sorta out of breath.

"For sure." Dom replies.

"So what were you gonna ask me?" I say looking over to him.

"Oh it can wait. I'll ask you later." Dom says shy of his head away.

I wonder what he was gonna ask. I think about the possibilities of questions he could've asked. As I was think I started to doze off again. This time I was stretched out along the whole row with my head on Dom's lap. I was very very comfortable. And happy.

So glad you guys are reading this! Hope your enjoying the story.