Chapter 28

Reese's POV

I woke up in the same position I fell asleep. Dom is now awake though. "G'morning love!" Dom says happily.

"I'm glad to see you're in a good mood today." I say leaning up and kissing his cheek. As we both sit up, the bus comes to a stop I don't know why because we aren't at a stop light.

"What's going on?" I ask curiously

"Oh..... uhhh......... I don't know." Adam said worriedly.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Mikey said. "Are we out of gas?"

"Um....... it looks like it." Adam says quietly.

"What are we gonna do?" Kilee says very loud.

"How the hell didn't you see it before?" Dom asked.

"I don't know.... I just kept on driving." Adam says shyly.

"I'll call a towing place." Spencer says as he gets up and walks outside.

"Shit." I say quickly.

"We'll be fine. We still have until tomorrow to get to Kansas." Dom says rubbing my arm.

"That's not what I'm talking about." I move my arm away from stomach and it's covered in blood. "I didn't even notice because of the pain meds. I'm pretty much numb so I just felt my shirt and it was wet. I looked down and saw this."

"Fuck. I'm sorry babe. Do you want me to get you another shirt and something to clean up the wound?" Dom asks sweetly.

"Yeah please. Thanks love." Wow I'm even starting to say love. I never used to call people that until I met him. "Hey Kilee, can you come here?"

"Yeah what's up?" She says walking over. "Oh fuck. Are you okay?"

"Yeah Dom is getting me some other shirt and he's gonna clean it for me." Kilee sits next to me and I lean on her shoulder. "I don't know what I'm going to do. I still feel like he's around."

"I know. That's why I'm staying with you. And I hope you don't mind. I told your mom what happened." Kilee says as Dom walks back out. He hands me a new shirt. I take my shirt of and he starts to clean the cut.

"Thank you. I meant to call her but I got a little overwhelmed." I say gritting my teeth in pain. Dom puts a new bandage over it and I put on my clean shirt. I still can't believe all of this is happening.

"Good. I was scared that you didn't want her to know for a bit." Kilee says hugging me and walking over to Adam, Mikey and Spencer.

"Ok guys. Someone is on their way with a bunch of gas for us!" Spencer says ecstatically.

"Really!" Dom shoots up. "How long will it take them to get here?"

"He said about half an hour." As Spencer said that Dom and Mikey both let out a groan.

"Why don't you go get some of your energy out and run around. I know how much you hate sitting still." I say pushing him upwards.

"What? You don't wanna deal with me I get it." Dom says jokingly walking outside.

Half an hour later the guy with gas gets here.

He walks in the bus asking everyone to get off.

"Why do we have to get off?" I asks standing up slowly. Kilee runs to my side to help me.

"Because we have to. It's our company rules." The guy says.

"Okay. Whatever." I say as I walk down the steps to get into the bus. Dom runs over and hugs me from behind making sure he doesn't hit my stomach too hard. I must say the guy giving us gas seems oddly familiar. I walk over to Kilee and pull her aside.

"This guy seems very familiar and suspicious." I whisper to her.

"I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to spook you." She answers. "Let's not think about it though. I'm sure we're just being paranoid."

"You're right." I say as we walk back towards everyone else. Right then the guy comes back around to us.

"You're all set to go again!"

"Thank you so much!" Adam says. Mikey and Spencer shake the guys hand as a thank you. Dom walks inside with Kilee while I pay him.

"Aren't you the girl that got shot at ACL?" He asks.

"Um.... yeah." I say as I hand him the money.

"Well you better be careful. The guy may still be looking for you." He says and walks away. I walk back into the bus and sit down.

"How much did you pay him?" Dom asks grabbing his wallet.

"Oh no it's fine. I'll pay for this." I push his hand and wallet down.

"You okay? You seem sort of stressed."

"Yeah I'm fine." I answer quickly and I know Dom doesn't believe me. He grabbed my hand and rubbed the back of it with his thumb.

"You know you can talk to me." He says looking into my eyes with his gorgeous green eyes.

"I know baby. I trust you and I hope you trust me. Nothing is wrong." I say calmer than last time.

"Okay, Love. I believe and trust you." I smile and hug him as he says this. We were on our way to Kansas again. On time surprisingly too. About an hour later I get a text that I was surprised by.

Big Bro=Ian
Munchkin=Reese

Big Bro
Heyyyy munchkin!

Munchkin
Hey big bro! How are you??

Big Bro
I'm great! But I just wanted to let you know that if you need to talk. I'm here♥️

Munchkin
Why does everyone keep saying that to me? Sure I got shot by my sociopath of an ex boyfriend but that's it. Nothing huge.

Big Bro
I don't believe you but whatever you say. I'm here to talk tho.

Munchkin
Thanks Ian. I love you sm and can't wait to see you in Kansas💕

Big Bro
Love you too♥️

I close my phone and take a small nap. I think about a few things like why did everyone keep asking me that. Do they know something I don't know?

Hope you guys are enjoying my story!