Chapter 26

Reese's POV

"I'll be fine." I say as I take a deep breath hoping I'm right.

"Are you sure?" Dom says as we walk out of the hospital.

"I hope so."

•one hour later•

"Hey Reese, why did we leave the hospital. Wouldn't you be safer there?" Adam asks sitting across from me.

"No. I would've been in a lot more danger actually." I answer quietly.

"What do you mean?" Spencer asks from the drivers seat. Wow. I can't believe he heard that.

I didn't say anything and Kilee knew why. She answered for me.

"He was there." She said.

"Nathan? Nathan was at the hospital? How did no one see him? Are you sure it was him?" Mikey says. I look over and see Dom sitting with his head in his hands. He does that a lot when he's nervous. I think it's sorta cute.

"Who else would be sitting outside the window of the room she was in taking pictures and when I walked over I saw him. He didn't know I saw him. I'm guessing he does now though since we left." Kilee says sadly.

"We have to find a way to get rid of him." I say under my breathe. Dom looks up at me and has a worried facial expression.

"What do you mean get rid of him?" He asks worriedly.

"I don't mean kill. I mean get him locked up. For a long, long time." I say. Dom sighs in relief.

"Oh thank god." I laugh as he says this and he lets out a small chuckle.

"How did you find out he was there?" Mikey asks. He's always the one who asks the most questions. I like it though because it means he cares.

"I heard something that sounded like a camera clicking by the window so I asked Kilee to go and check it out. She came back and the way she was acting I thought I was just delusional. She told me she saw and him and then called the doctor and now we're here. I wish we didn't have to be here though. Why didn't I just listen Kilee those 5 years ago. Oh yeah did I mention I met him when I was 15 and he was 17. I don't think I did." I say laying down in Dom's lap.

"Oh shit. So he was literally stalking you." Adam says.

"Yeah and I think he's been doing it for 2 years until he finally found me. I think he found me because of YouTube. Dammit why did I do that?" I say as I start crying.

"Because your fans love you. Have you seen what they've been saying on Instagram and Twitter?" Spencer says loudly so that we can hear it.

"No. I'll look right now."

------------------------

User1: @reesemckay are you okay? I heard you were in the hospital. What the hell happened?

User2: Oh my god! Guys! @reesemckay is in the hospital. I heard she got shot in the stomach. I hope she's okay.

User3: I have @reesemckay in my hopes and prayers. I hope she gets better soon. Please don't rush her to post more YouTube videos.

------------------------

After these tweets were posted I got a text from Neville.

Coach Neville:
Reese, are the things people are posting on Twitter true? Did you get shot?

Reese:
Yes. My ex boyfriend shot me and is still after me. I hope you understand that I won't be able to play in two weeks. Hopefully it'll only be a little longer.

Coach Neville:
It's okay. You have a place on this team and I also hope it won't take too long to recover.

"Oh my god. They really do care about me. Coach even texted me when he saw those posts about me. I should tell them that I'm okay but might not post for a while." I grab my phone and go on Instagram live.

"Hey guys!" As soon as I went live thousands and thousands of people were on. Everyone was commenting stuff like are you okay. What happened? And more. "I know I haven't been active in a while and I'm sorry but I have a good excuse. I was shot and have been in the hospital for days. I got out today but might not post on YouTube for a week or so. I'm also glad to say that I am now on England's The Lionesses. They are a pro soccer team that I've wanted to be on since I started playing soccer. I was supposed to start playing for them in two weeks but as you may know. That won't happen. As I was saying a bit ago, I don't have any footage. I just wanted to let you guys know that I will be okay and will hopefully post another video next week. Love you guys so much!" I end the live and take a deep breath. I see a whole bunch of people tweeting and dming me saying that I can take as long as I need for a break. I didn't want to though. I want my life to be normal. I want it be like Nathan wasn't back. But he is. And I know that. I fall asleep laying on Dom's lap. I wake up to see that my phones was on the table instead of my lap.

"Who touched my phone?" I say immediately. I notice that Adam is now driving instead of Spencer. Spencer, Mikey and Dom all look at Kilee.

"What?" She's says pretending to be confused.

"What'd you do?" I ask jokingly. Not really but a little.

"Nothing. I just took a video for your vlog." Kilee says. I open my phone and go to my photos. I see a video that wasn't there before. I play it and it's a video of my laying on Dom, asleep and Dom laying on Adam, asleep and Adam leaning against the window, asleep. Across from us is Spencer passed out taking up an entire row. He does that a lot.

"Oh my god!" I say as I start cracking up and crying a bit from the pain.

"You're very welcome!" Kilee says happily.

•in another part of Texas•

A few hours had passed by Mikey was now driving again. I go through twitter again because I'm bored. I post a pic on Instagram and say that I'm getting better slowly but surely. I don't say what happened or how I got shot. I just say I did and I'm getting better. If they ask. Maybe once this is all over I'll tell them why.

Thank you so much for reading I really appreciate it! Please let me know what you think of the book so far. I really hope you like this story because I love writing it!!