Chapter 24

Reese's POV

"I remember seeing Nathan and that's it. I also remember being so scared," I tremble as I say that.

"Okay, well Reese, you're in the Austin City Hospital. You were shot in the stomach two days ago. You were brought here immediately after the medics took you from the ACL music festival." The nurse said trying to comfort me by rubbing my back a little.

"Where's Dom? And Adam? And Mikey? And Spencer?" I say looking up at her. "I need them. I'm not me without them."

"They are in the waiting room. Would you like me to call them in?" She asks.

"Yes!" I say immediately.

I see Dom run in and hug me. It hurt so bad but felt so good. I don't even know what happened and I still can't believe it. I mean I was shot and ended up in the hospital. What do I not remember? And why?

"Baby! I'm so glad your okay. I was worried sick and I hate myself for letting him do this to you. I can't believe I didn't get there sooner." He throws his face in his hands.

"It's not your fault. But what happened?" I ask.

Dom looks at me concerned. I get worried just by that look.

"You don't remember? Some guy named Nathan came to 'pay you a visit' and said he wanted to kill you. I found you when he pulled out a gun and pointed it at your head. Thank god you texted me. I don't know what I would've done." Dom says, his eyes tearing up.

Nathan's back. This isn't good. Last time he was around things got really fucked up.

"No I don't remember any of it. Was he at least arrested?" I ask looking at Dom from the hospital bed.

"No......." Dom says sadly. "He ran away before the cops got there and I was sitting on the ground with you. Holding you so tight. Oh god I was so scared I was gonna loose you."

"Don't worry babe. I'm still here." I say calming him.

"Who is Nathan?" He asks. I think of all the memories. The good and bad. More good than bad though.

"He's my ex." Dom looks at me and gets even more worried.

"Why the fuck would your ex want to kill you?" He asks starting to get mad.

"I'll tell you everything as soon as I'm out of the hospital. I promise baby. But for now, come lay down with me." I motion for him come to me.

"Okay baby. I love you." Dom says as he kisses my forehead.

•back at the tour bus•

"I don't think I've ever been in so much pain." I complain while Dom gets me cookies.

"Here you go babe. I hope you like Oreos." Dom hands me the cookies and I shove them in my mouth.

"Thank you baby!" I say with my mouth still full. Dom laughs and sits next to me. "I owe you an explanation."

"You can tell whenever you're ready love." Dom says calming me.

"I'm ready." I say taking a breath. "It all started three years ago. I was sitting in a park just watching the sunrise. It was around 5:15. When someone came and sat next to me I ignored it. He said hi. I looked up and fell in love. Well it was what I thought was love. It was not even close though." Adam, Mikey and Spencer walk in and sit down. They realize I'm talking about Nathan and who he was.

"Are you okay with us hearing this too?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah totally. Take a seat. It's story time." I answer laughing. "Owww it still hurts to laugh. Please don't make me laugh guys." They all nod making sure I'm okay.