Chapter 23

Reese's POV

Coach Neville walks in when he saw the saves I made. I even got a fly ball that would've usually bounced right in. I am so proud of myself.

"Reese! That was amazing!"coach Neville says. "When can you join the team?"

"I have two more weeks left in the tour I'm going on then after that I'm totally free. I'll keep training while I'm on tour though!" I say very happily.

"Awesome. Let me know when you're going to come back to England to play with us. Before you leave can you do a press conference tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yeah totally. My flight is at 4:15 so if possible would you be able to do it before 2:45?" I ask nervously.

"Absolutely! I'll set it up for 11:30." He says as he walks away. "I'll text you the information on where to go."

I head to my hotel and check in. I hope I don't miss Dom's gig. That would be awful.

•the next day•

I woke up at 10:15. I start getting ready when I get a text.

Unknown: Hey Reese! It's coach Neville. The conference is at 11:30 at The Book Club. Please get here at 11 so you can get ready.

Reese: Okay I'll be there!

I started to get ready and I head to The Book Club. It is a fancy restaurant with a large table set up for about 10 of us to sit at. As I am meeting some of the other players Coach Neville walks over to me. "Reese! I need to talk to you!"

"What is it?" Did I already do something wrong.

"The press is going to ask questions about you playing. I want you to say that you'll start playing in two weeks sharp. Just to let you know, the more you say the scarier this gets." He says. I sigh in relief thinking I was going to get kicked off the team before I even officially started.

"Sounds good!" I say as everyone walks towards their seats. I was sitting in the front and center because I was a new player. Of coarse, I got the first question.

"Reese! What position do you play and when will you start playing for The Lionesses?" One reporter asks.

"I'm a keeper and I'll start in two weeks sharp!" I respond confidently.

As other players get asked a bunch of questions I keep thinking about Dom. I haven't called him yet and I'm sure he's worried. Well, I'll see him in a few hours!

The press conference ends and I say bye to everyone. "I'll see you all in two weeks!" I say hugging them all as I start to head to the airport.

•in Austin, Texas•

I quickly call Dom telling him I'm at the airport and I'm getting an Uber to the festival. When I get there he is insanely happy to see me. I'm insanely happy to see him too.

"Babe! I made the team! I start in exactly two weeks!" I say hugging him.

"I knew you could do it babe! I'm so happy for you!" Dom says picking me up and spinning me.

"Did I hear that you made it?" Adam asks as him and Mikey walk over.

"Hell yeah you did!" I say happily and proudly. "You guys better get ready though. You have like 10 minutes. I'm gonna go get a good spot in the crowd."

The boys were going to perform soon. I wanted to watch from the crowd so I was walking over to their stage. I saw a familiar face in the crowd. I just shrugged it off not thinking. I started to feel weird though. Like someone was watching me. I ignored it as long as I could but I still felt like it. I looked around a bit and didn't see anything. I figured it was just my mind messing with me.

They finished performing and I started to walk over to their tent where they meet fans. Then, suddenly, someone grabs my arm and turns me around. Oh my god. Nathan. No no no. This cannot be happening. Not here. Not now. Not ever.

"What the hell!" I say pulling away from him. He just tightens his grip.

"I need to talk to you. Text your little boy toy you're going to the bathroom so no one looks for you." He says sternly. I was scared so I text Dom.

"What the fuck do you want Nathan? I broke up with you like 2 years ago." I say nervously.

"That's not why I'm here. I don't want you back. I want you dead." He looks into my eyes with an evil look. He slaps me and I hold my breathe.

"What? Why? I don't understand." I say getting very scared. He punches me and shoved me to the ground. He keeps on hitting me and I can't fight back. I start to feel myself slowly fade. Right then Dom comes running back as Nathan pulls out a gun and points it at me.

"If you come any closer I'll shoot." He says. I get even more scared as I realize the gun is aimed at my head. Holy fucking shit. I could die.

"Dom listen to him. He will shoot me." I say with my voice trembling. "Why are you doing this. Why now?"

"Because you hurt me." As he said that Dom ran over and tackles Nathan out of the way. Nathan pulled the trigger and misses my head. But I was bleeding so I knew I got shot somewhere. I screamed out in pain as I fell all the way down to the floor. I started bawling my eyes out as Dom called the cops. Security was running to where we were. I'm guessing they heard the gunshot. I couldn't hear anything. I started to get really dizzy. I couldn't understand what people were saying and I didn't know who was around. I blacked out.

I woke up in a hospital bed. I was confused and tried to get up. I felt a shooting pain in my stomach and laid back down. A nurse ran into the room as I screamed quietly with pain. "Reese! You're awake!" She says running over helping me lay back down.

"Ummm.. where am I?" I ask looking around. "And why am I in so much pain?"

"Do you not remember?" The nurse asked sounding worried.

Hope you guys are enjoying the story