31 "See you soon... partner"

"I'm nervous," I said, and FP grabbed my hand.

"I'm driving as fast as I can," he replied and sighed. "Children are safe with Hermione" he added, and I nodded.

I knew that Hermione had a very well protected house and that there was no way someone would break into it.

"I need to call Betty," I pulled a phone from my purse and dialed Betty's number. After two signals, she picked up.

"Mom, something happened? You're not at school"

"Betty, listen to me carefully. Don't go home after school. If you have the opportunity, come to Veronica's house"

"Mom, but why?"

"Betty, Polly called me. She said she's going to get twins and I'm afraid that ..."

"Mom, Polly called me too, she said she misses us and wants to get out of the farm and come back to us."

"It's impossible Betty!" I said loudly and looked terrified at FP. Why Polly behaved like that?

"Mom, I think you're too dramatic. Polly won't hurt us."

I had the impression that I didn't talk to my daughter but someone completely different.

"Well, Betty, come to Veronica's house right after school, that's all I'm asking you for" I said quietly, waiting for my daughter's reaction.

"Well, mom, if that's what you want." Betty sighed heavily. "I have to finish, bye" she added and hung up.

"What happened?" asked FP.

"I do not know. Betty was strange"

"What do you mean by saying strange?"

"I don't know, FP. Maybe I'm too exaggerated," I shook my head and closed my eyes.

Something was wrong. I felt it in my bones, but I didn't intend to talk about it with FP. I didn't want to worry him.

~~~~~
Third-Person Point of View
~~~~~

"What are you going to do with her?" a woman's voice asked.

"Rather, what are we going to do with her, my dear," answered the low, masculine voice. "We have to hit when she least expects it"

"How do you want to do it? She'll always find someone who will protect her. That's always been that way, Edgar."

Edgar walked over to the woman and looked into her eyes.

"This time we have to do something to make her stay alone. I know you can help me with this."

"How? I will do everything"

"Let's say I have special herbs at home that cause some kind of hallucinations"

"There is no way she can drink such herbs"

"If she doesn't drink it by herself then I will have to use force"

"Should I come back to Riverdale again?"

"Yes, you must come and convince everyone that you survived the hell on the farm, that you have run away with difficulty. People will believe it, and you can manipulate them well."

"You taught me that"

"And I'm so proud that you've quickly understood my teachings"

"I wish that she would be proud of me once, just like you."

"Alice would be proud of you, she would have no choice." Edgar grinned. "I have to visit my old friends"

"Old friends?"