34 "A small bean with a big heart"

"Call your father, Jughead," I said as soon as the boy laid Jellybean on the sofa.

"What's wrong with her?" Betty asked, and I shook my head.

"She's got the same thing as you, but I don't think it's due to some drugs. It just has seizures Gladys and FP should know about it "I replied and sat next to Jellybean. I stroked her forehead.

"Mom and dad doesn't know about it," replied the girl. "I kept it in secret"

"Jellybean, don't keep such things in secret!" I said in a chastening voice.

"Dad and mom are on the way" Jughead came home.

"Good" I nodded and looked at Betty.

"Mom, I think it's a good time to tell them the truth" my daughter looked at me and I swallowed.

"What's the truth? What's going on?" asked Jughead.

"Nothing. This isn't important at this moment," I smiled weakly. "Betty, I'll say it at the right time."

"You are pregnant, aren't you?" Jughead asked, and I opened my eyes wide.

"Whatever gave you that idea?" I snorted and got up from the sofa. I went into the kitchen and Jughead followed me.

"Are you pregnant with my father?"

"Stop analyzing it, okey?" I said.

"Yes or no, Alice. Answer my question" Jughead was the same as his father.

"Yes" I sighed. "But it's not important now"

"This is important, Alice"

"No. Your mother returned to Riverdale and apparently the feeling between her and your father revived." I said, holding back my tears. "Jughead, don't tell him that"

"I can't promise you that, Alice," he shook his head, and I cried.

"Jughead" Betty came up to us and embraced me tightly. "You will not say this to anyone, do you understand ?!"

"Betty, you can't do that"

"Your father shouldn't do anything about your mother when he is in a relationship with my mother"

"Everything is screwed up," said Jughead, and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Promise you will not tell anyone about it," Betty insisted on him.

"I promise" he nodded and came to me. "I'm sorry, Alice"

"It's okey," I said with a slight smile.

"I'll make a cup of tea," Betty said, and I nodded. I was nervous before meeting again with Gladys.

"Come on, Jughead, we'll sit by the Jellybean," I said, and he nodded.

"All good?" Jellybean sat on the sofa. "You cried?" she looked at me.

"I was scared for you," I answered with a smile.

"You shouldn't, I'm fine," Jellybean smiled uncertainly.

"I will always worry about you," I said quietly.

"Thank you, Alice" the girl hugged me and at the same moment the door to our house opened. Of course, Gladys forgot that there was such a thing as a doorbell. She ran first inside and ran to the Jellybean to take her in her arms.

"Thank you for the phone, Jughead," FP said, and Jughead just nodded. I saw that he was angry with his father.

I got up from the sofa and stepped aside, not to be the center of attention. At the moment, the only thing I dreamed of was to lie on the bed and cover with a quilt to hide from the whole world.