Klaus: Today's lesson

You said, "Today's lesson is that your morals are so low, I'm not even trying to stop you anymore."

"That's not exactly what I wanted to hear from the person who so frequently saves me from making a faux pas," Klaus replied.

"Well, I'm sure your brother will end up doing a much better job than me. I make suggestions that you, Mr. Big Dick Energy, do not take. Did the witches revolt after I told you it might be better to send a representative than to kill one of their elders? They did. Does Rebekah now ride on camels through the Moroccan desert when I advised family counseling? She does," you lectured.
Klaus sighed irritably from behind your front door's iron screen.
"I'd like to come in if we're going to have this discussion," he told you.
You leaned on your counter drinking from your coffee cup, still in your pajamas, looking him directly in the eye.
"I'd like to not have a broken window because of you, but some things require a professional repairman to fix," you smiled.
Klaus leaned on his forearm on the wall next to the door.
He said, "Are you telling me I've been sent the bill?"
"I don't want your sugar daddy money. I want you to take my advice or get lost. I'm not a professional shrink just yet, and you are not my most compelling case study," you scoffed.
Klaus simpered with fascination.
"What does a forensic psychologist consider a true test of knowledge, then?" he hinted.
"I'm not stupid, and you don't need tips," you replied. "You can come in if you say you'll take my advice. Now. What's the problem?"
"You haven't seemed to notice these visits are frequent and that I'm trying to vie for your attention," Klaus fully confided in you.
Not entirely true.
"Vie with who? I'm a psychology graduate, I psycho-analyze everyone I know and use it against them," you casually responded.
Klaus's smile spread wide.
He commented, "It's very true that you're resourceful. I can give you a lot more of a reason when there isn't a gate between us."
You set your coffee down and walked towards the door, acting as if you were going to let the handsome devil in. Gradually, you bent down, picking up yesterday's mail which had been slid beneath the mouse-size gap from the gate to the floor.
"I bet you could. I'm going to go take a shower and watch my novela. I'll see you tonight," you told him, switching through the envelopes as you walked away from him.
Klaus, standing up straight and leaning to the side to watch you walk into your back room, called, "We have a date is what I'm hearing."
"Yeah, you're gonna meet me here after you call the repair guy and tell him what you did," you called, "We can talk about a date after that."