Klaus: Bloody Damsel

[trigger warning for gore and abuse]

IMAGINE: You're Klaus' girlfriend and you've been acting really weird lately. Klaus gets mad that Rebekah knew why.

You weren't answering your calls while you were home with your sister, you were even a little surly toward your friends all in the last week. Klaus was concerned you weren't telling him something and he was right. Rebekah was talking to you on the phone earlier that morning where Klaus could hear you request help getting out of the police station before you were transported to a federal penitentiary. 

"What happened?" He demanded as Rebekah collected her things. 

"What does it matter, Nik, the girl has an hour before Kenney personally puts her on a bus to prison," she spoke quickly. 

He grabbed Rebekah's arm before she could leave the room, turning her to face him. 

"If this has anything to do with your absence last night, I demand to know anything that concerns you or Y/N. What did she do?" He growls. 

Rebekah sighs, knowing how many times you repeated to her not to tell Klaus or Elijah. They would take turns telling you how stupid your idea was to exact bloody revenge on a vampire when you didn't have the same stamina. 

"I'll tell you on the way," she gives in. 

You were covered head to toe in soot and blood. There was no question that you did it. You stared back at the wolf mask in front of you blankly, tiredly as you thought back to fifteen hours earlier. It was four years ago. You thought you could let it go, but the emotions and sensations of the incident were just too permanent and scarring to forget. You'd drank a lot before the incident; that probably contributed to your headstrong nature last night. You'd begun to sweat before any crime was committed. You drove two hours to the farmhouse of the acquitted couple who had kidnapped you for the entirety of your senior year in high school. The sun was just beginning to set as you took in the gorgeous scenery that was about to be demolished at your hand. He was sitting on his porch, greying at the roots of his hair and living a peaceful life meant for a saint. He was too absorbed in his newspaper to notice the menacing way you let the hatchet drop down at your side. All you had to do was think of him pinning you to the floor to adjust to the murderous feeling in your gut. Slowly, the wolf mask descended down over your head as you staggered up to the porch. Your victim was too late to defend himself. His brain splashed right up against the freshly painted walls of his house three times. You heard the charging of footsteps. It was his wife, attempting to attack you with the kitchen knife ready at hand. She paid the price, too. You knew how to cover your tracks; that's what the cloth, lighter, and bottle of Jack Daniel's was for. The house went up in flames, so the neighbors must have seen you for the cops to be called. Rebekah only knew you were going to see old acquaintances who had moved to Louisiana just last week. She told Klaus you'd been deeply disturbed about it and gone to confront them. She didn't think you had a murderous bone in your body. None of them did. 

"This is third degree murder. There's no bail," Kenney huffed at Rebekah as she and Klaus gazed at you through the two-way mirror. 

Klaus' heart sunk seeing your head down on the table. This was no time to bargain. 

He grabbed the back of Kenney's neck roughly, pulling him closer so the compulsion could begin. 

"You'll let her go, free of charge. It was ruled a suicide," Klaus compelled Kenney. 

Kenney excused himself to let you out in a zombified manner before Klaus turned to Rebekah menacingly. 

"And if anything of this nature is kept from me again, you have yet to see another dagger in my hands," he growls at her.

 Rebekah walked straight past him as you appeared in the hands of two officers, taking your handcuffs off. 

"I owe you," you told her quietly. 

"Just be more clear when you say 'confrontation' next time," Rebekah replied, handing you a bag of clean clothes.

 Klaus marched over and took you in his arms, kissing the top of your head. You expected him to be angry or overly sensitive about your actions, but you were let off the hook in Klaus' own way. "You know better than to leave me out of a night of headhunting, Luv," he said. You nodded as he walked you out to the car, promising to explain yourself in full after you cleaned and sobered yourself up.