The Mikaelsons: It can wait forever

IMAGINE: Klaus and the Mikaelsons hearing of your suicide after turning you away.

[Trigger warning: Suicidal/depressing themes]

Things were piling up on you at home. Your sister didn't want to hear about your problems after having relationship problems with Elijah Mikaelson and all of your friends were certain your recent behavior and compromising situation were al because of your bad mistakes. You'd been seeing Klaus for a few months, and his family were the only other people you could think to talk to in this difficult time. You didn't like to trouble them with your problems ever, but a part of you had snapped. Your sister had fought with you last week, blaming your brother's recent accident on the fact you were the one driving when he was drunk. You started to believe it, even if you had no idea of his intoxication. The other witches in town thought of you as a loose cannon, trying to use magic to patch up certain parts of your life that were obviously only "a little messy." A little messy? Your father was holding onto his last bit of life, and you knew what your uncle (your father's caretaker) thought about doing again as he stared at your legs in a room with just the two of you. Using magic to make your life a little less depressing had been turning you into an irritable and hostile person toward them—you were released from the coven. Those were only a few of your reasons. Klaus didn't know about any of it; his family didn't know what your family was like except for your sister, they didn't know your desperation or inward struggle to live your own life. It'd been going on for so long...but you were good at keeping secrets.

"I need you to listen to me for once, that's all I'm asking! You always do this, you always try to insert yourself into my problems!" Your sister yelled at you. "I am one your problems! Calm the fuck down, I'm trying to talk to you," you shouted back. "Damnit Y/N, just—go somewhere else. I need to be alone," your sister sighed. You'd been fighting a good twenty minutes. You were silent, eyes red and puffy like hers. "Fuck you," you scoffed, walking out. You walked all the way to the Compound, wiping away your tears and regaining a good composure. You'd forgot they were having a party that night. Klaus had been drinking, and on top of that, all the Mikaelsons were in deep irritation. It was the Strix's fault, you knew. "I really need to talk," you said to Klaus, who stood watching a Tristan De Martel and Lucien Castle from the railings above the courtyard. "If you're doing this on behalf of your sister's fight with Elijah, I don't think I'm the ne you should go through, love," Klaus spoke, a small look of irritation in his face. "I didn't know they were fighting. Nik, please...I just need two minutes. I need someone's ears and that's all," you said calmly. "Perhaps later, we're a tad busy at the moment," Elijah said as he walked over. "So am I. But I still came here. Be my boyfriend for a second and not a vengeful shit," you said in annoyance. Klaus suddenly faced you as Elijah sighed. "I can see you merely think vengeance is my game, darling, but this time, it's justice. I know that surprises you—" "Stay and enjoy the party, or please, find safer ground and come back later. I'm sure your dilemma can wait," Elijah finished for Klaus. You looked at the floor while they both looked at you. "It can wait forever," you sneered, turning on your heel. Klaus watched you go, Elijah only shifted his eyes in your direction without turning his head. "You can make it up to her tomorrow," Elijah said, walking past. You hailed a taxi. The driver asked you your destination, and you answered with the nearest train station. News broke in the early hours. Your sister called Elijah scared to death because you didn't come home. The sky was turning a blue-tinted purple by 4 AM. Elijah was crossing the street to the apartment when an ambulance went speeding past. His head shifted to the front gates of your apartment building. Your sister cried behind them as five policemen were taking their leave. You'd gotten on the overlooking bridge and took one step off the edge—you bled out from your head on the tracks of the Bourbon Railroad. Klaus had tried your phone several times that morning until your sister came to break the news to the rest of them. Rebekah tried to control her pain, but Elijah knew what a friend you'd been to her, and the backstabber she'd been to you. Your sister sat in the main parlor, her head in her hands. "You know I blamed her for our brother's death? I didn't defend her after what our uncle did to her? I was just so tired of the witches threatening us, her—I was frustrated—" Elijah comforted both girls until a crashing noise sounded upstairs. "I turned her away...I didn't listen!" Klaus hollered from the top of his lungs as Kol watched. "Nik, none of us did. She didn't tell us—we didn't make ourselves available...it's not just your fault—" Klaus forced Kol's comforting hand away, tears streaming from his eyes, lips curled inward with anger. "...She didn't think I loved her," he swallowed. Kol shook his head, embracing his mourning brother. "Then go tell her," Kol told him. He drove Klaus to the railroad where a thousand candles rung in the morning light along with a few pictures. So many people loved you, and Klaus always wished you'd have known that.

((Note: If you're ever having troubles please tell someone, even if it's a stranger))