Vanessa Ives: Revenge

IMAGINE: Seeking vengeance with Vanessa Ives.

Time and again, men had led you to your defeat. Always men. Vanessa had met you on her search for Mina, who you claimed to have met on your travels. She wanted to know more about you and Mina's friendship, to which you answered that it was fiction. Mina had turned you into a vampire like the one who came before her had done unto her. Vanessa took you away from the whore house you had been working in and back to the place of Sir Malcolm, where you'd earn a stay as the maid. You served Vanessa more, kept her company, did readings with her.
"I'm spurred by your enthusiasm toward justice," she told you one day as you sat enjoying a cigarette with her.
"Justice is a polite word for vengeance, you know," you purred.
She leaned toward you as you leaned back in your armchair, picking up a book beside you.
"If it were vengeance, it would be a lot quicker in pace. Why haven't you got yours on those rabid males who done that you?" Vanessa responded.
She gestured to your bare wrist, adorned with the scar of a tight grip that held you down in a haunting history.
"I'm no animal like they are. I live now solely to punish those who prey on the weak...but I will not make a showcase of it. These are elite gentleman from London, not Winchester. They have a posse to shield them," you growled.
She stood holding her hand out to you as you blew smoke. You took it gently.
"Then do what you came here to do tonight. Lord Grey is holding a gala in his home where you may be able to find the men you are looking for astray. I assure you...it will be no showcase of any kind to make them pay in that accommodation," she encouraged you.
You lifted your chin as you took a minute to think about it.
"I suppose there's no harm...if you lend me some apparel. Something dark. I don't want anything to make the pig blood radiate with color," you muttered darkly.