Sam Winchester: Cat's Out The Bag

IMAGINE: Sam imagine where you both are bottling your feelings for each other. Then the reader is helping with a case and Sam casually let's it slip.

You were the receptionist for an inn in town. When the Winchester boys stopped by you were always happy to help based on the countless time they'd saved your ass or invited you along because of your extensive knowledge of hunting. Your dad was a hunter who passed away years ago; the Winchester boys barely knew him but you were a very close second to him and they could tell. Dean was a funny guy, not terribly good at being serious; he was a hell of a hunter, too. But Sam was your favorite, so adventurous and hardworking that it made you develop an unrequited crush on him. You had no idea he had one on you, so you both kept it casual without any insinuations or flirting whatsoever.

"You should come with us this time. Djinns are slippery and I'm not too sure Sam's with it right now," Dean told you quietly at your desk at work. "I get off in five minutes. Warm up the car," you replied, looking over his shoulder at Sam. He stood shyly with hands in his pockets, waiting for Dean. Dean winked at you and marched out of the building with Sam. "What'd she say?" Sam asked, trying to seem normal. "Old girl never lets us down," Dean smirked, "Load up another salt gun."

Dean was scoping out the area outside the warehouse where the rumored Djinn had been seen by the victim while the two of you were inside, inspecting corners and high places you both knew one was certain to hide. "What did Dean say the date was this thing came around?" you asked. "I'd love to," he replied briefly. You frowned with a small smile. "You'd love to what?" you asked. He froze. "Oh. You didn't— You didn't say what I thought— Nevermind," he muttered, trying to find a place to look. "You thought I was asking you out?" you said hopefully. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I know that's probably the last thing on your mind right now. We're hunting a Djinn, I don't know why I thought you said what you said," he babbled. "If we don't die within the next hour, would you take me for coffee?" you asked. His lips parted as Dean suddenly burst in, both of you looking at him. "He's on the move," Dean said sternly, going back out to his car. You both followed hastily but Sam was able to work out a satisfied, "Yeah. I mean, if you want." You laughed a little as you both got in, getting serious once more. Still, you couldn't wait.