Elijah & Klaus M: Best Friend's Brother

IMAGINE: Being Elijah's old friend, and Klaus fancies you.

"It's a pleasure to see you without your circle of crude vigilantes, Y/N," Elijah greeted you.

You took the keys out of the ignition, leaning your arm on the sill of the open car window as you looked back at Elijah, standing on the curb and awaiting your visit.
"I like spending time alone with my side piece," you joked.
Elijah could safely say friends were a rarity and a luxury, especially the ones his siblings couldn't chase off first. It was a risk introducing you to them, but he did not want you wandering the city without a familiar crowd at hand.
He kissed your hand as a greeting after you took your sunglasses off.
"I hate to say I can't spend all my time with you, I'm still here for business. Not to say we can skip over getting shitfaced and breaking the law," you smiled.
He smiled slightly, "As though that part has been a team effort."
"You see me once a year, don't be afraid to make it worth while," you laughed, following him into the Compound.
Hayley crossed the courtyard to see you coming in with Elijah, a bit taken aback until Elijah led the meetup.
"Hayley, this is my good friend, Y/N," Elijah introduced.
Hayley shook your hand, replying, "Right. I've heard a lot about you. I'm surprised your Elijah's crowd rather than Klaus or Rebekah's."
"The suit is just a front," you jokingly whispered, "He's a huge freak. With good taste."
You looked her up and down playfully.
"Y/N," Elijah warned you.
"I didn't say anything," you defended yourself.
Hayley gave you a small half-smile, "Well, I hope you stick around a while. I'd like to hear some Elijah stories that aren't told from a corrupted point of view."
"Whatever you want to know, I have picture proof," you smirked.
Elijah's hand on your back gestured you to move along.
"Excuse us, I think it's time we get a drink, just the two of us," Elijah saved himself.
"Why so embarrassed?" you smiled.
"I mean to ease Hayley into this family, and unfortunately, starting with tales of our immaturity may disrupt her eternal belief that there is at least one capable adult to understand her motherly duties," Elijah replied.
He handed you a glass of whiskey as you pushed your long locks over your shoulder.
"You mean, you don't want her to know you're fun?" you scoffed.
"Should it matter?" he disguised his secret fancy.
"Not to me, maybe to you. Why are you taking me out tonight instead of her?" you questioned.
Elijah didn't want to start with you. You were always somewhat involved in pushing him toward the things that he wanted. Just one problem: most things Elijah wanted were ruined by his loyalty. But perhaps, that's what made you his greatest friend. You were an unshakeable force that had stayed with him for ages. Perhaps, if you were as constant, Hayley could be, too.
"I mean it. I don't even like Shakespeare theatre. You know I'm going to laugh during the sad parts! Take Hayley. I can stay here and we can do something when you get back," you offered.
Elijah didn't know how he felt about you staying behind in his home, but he took your suggestion, knowing whatever his siblings could do to you was relatively small in comparison of what you could do to them.

Klaus entered the parlor, his stroll slowing upon seeing you and Elijah. His eyes glued to yours.
"You must be Elijah's special friend. Y/N, is it?" he asked as he came towards you both.
"Yeah. Not a special friend, just a friend," you replied.
Klaus's charismatic smile interested you immediately, not for its flirtatious aim but the obscurity behind it. It was easy for you to play on.
"From the immensely entertaining way my brother describes you, I would have assumed otherwise. How long do you plan on visiting, Y/N?" he continued. Reaching past you to get his own glass of readied scotch, his chest forward and passing close to your side. Elijah nearly rolled his eyes at the outrageously wanton body language of his brother.
"When I feel like I've gotten the whole experience," you answered back.
Klaus responded, "As it sounds, you could use a tour guide. Elijah here is quite the hermit if you can't tell. Perhaps, you'll allow me to show you what the city has to offer."
"My brother fancies himself the all seeing eye of our city but never fails to go blind to the eccentricities of his creation," Elijah snickered.
"Oh, that's too bad. I like a guy who goes for the obscure nightlife," you grinned.
"Pray tell, what is your idea of obscure, sweetheart?" he pondered.
"Don't answer that. He's just looking to make away with you when Elijah isn't looking, so he can feed his angry appetite," Rebekah advised as she came toward you. "Rebekah, the younger sister."
"He's in a mood today is what she's trying to say," Elijah spoke into his glass, "and that is why we eat out."
Klaus wasn't going to let his brother take the chance away from him to get to know you.
"Let's not hog our company, Elijah. Let her stay a while. I'd like the chance to he to know what all the fuss is about," Klaus coaxed Elijah.

You looked over at Elijah. "Go on. Take her. I want to see how badly I can scare your brother," you insisted. Elijah's eyes went to his brother and sister, as if a silent warning were going out that he expected you to be alive when he got back with Hayley. What he didn't expect is that most of your time from that point on would be with both him and Klaus. Or that you would be making out with him on the couch that night.