Debbie Gallagher: I just don't do that stuff

IMAGINE: The reader is lesbian and likes Debbie who's 'straight' and the reader tells her when she pregnant.

Debbie had been your crush for so long and yet, your feelings were not returned. Telling her when she was pregnant could have been a bad time...maybe you could have picked a better time to say something, but holding in your feelings did you no good. 

"I like boys, I'm sorry! I just don't do that lesbian stuff," you remember her saying. 

Even so, you didn't stop looking out for her at school. You made sure no one said anything bad about her, no one tried to mess with her or her siblings, and you gave Carl baby supplies you'd bought for her to give to her—you just told him to say they were from people who chipped in around school.

You were surprised Debbie was ready so early to get back to school after having Franny and avoiding you for the longest time. She seemed really happy to have her baby, you'd been happy getting to know some of the other girls you knew you had a shot with around school—but you didn't stop thinking about Debbie. You were walking down the hall on Friday, ready to leave for the day when you saw Debbie being blocked by a teacher. "You can't bring your crybaby to this school," the teacher told her rudely.

 "But I—" 

"No exceptions. You gotta take your studies home. We'll send the info home with you," the teacher told her. 

"Actually," you chimed in walking over, "Debbie has a daycare for Franny, my mom is a preschool teacher. She can be at school and get her education. Unlike dropout moms like you, right Rose?" you scoffed at the teacher. She didn't even bother with you, shooting Debbie a look and walking away. You didn't glance at Debbie, keeping your gaze down as you walked past.

"Wait. Y/N," she said. 

You stopped in your tracks looking at her slightly. 

"...I, um...I was gonna ask if— I lied before. You know, about that straight stuff," Debbie studdered. 

You turned to her fully. 

"So um...I wanna drop Franny off, but maybe we could um go somewhere alone-" 

"Do you wanna go look at strollers?" you interrupted, "You can't keep carrying her in that sling, it's bad for her back." 

Debbie smiled slightly at you, nodding as she followed you out the doors of the school.