Kol: when things go south

IMAGINE: Klaus breaks up with you on a bad note, and now Kol wants to protect you.

"No. No I'm not gonna shut myself in. I'm not gonna keep running away. You know who did that? Katherine. And she's miserable," you told Kol, who found you in a hotel in New York that afternoon. "He'll kill you if you stay in one place, love, you realize that," Kol pointed out. "I didn't do anything wrong! I did not help the Strix, it's all in his head. I'm not gonna be afraid of him," You told him. You were wearing a velvet blue crop top and black pants, stringing a layer of necklaces around your neck. "Where are you going?" he scoffed. "I'm gonna live my life. I'm twenty years old. Girls my age go out on Friday nights. They have fun. Are you going to come with me so you can finish your lecture?" you asked, whipping open the door. He paused, lips parted. You raised your brows at him.

You let the bartender pick your drink, telling him you were okay with what he thought was strongest. You downed it like a professional, Kol watching you with surprise. He knew you were wild, but not to this degree. "I'm gonna dance. You wanna dance?" you said over the music. "You're not concerned for your well-being at all, are you?" he said with a light scoff. There was some humor in his voice, but also worry. You ignored him as you grabbed a random girl's hand, drawing her into the center of the crowded dancefloor. She went along with it, almost as intoxicated as you were becoming. She cheered as she held onto your moving hips, letting your lush hair down from a ponytail. Kol leaned his head on a fist watching you. So fearless, so human. He wanted that. You stuck your tongue out at him as you kept dancing. Kol looked down at his ringing phone, seeing Nik's name appear on the screen. He declined the call. He continued to drink as he watched you dance, eventually voting to join you.

He was just about to walk up to you and your laughing friend when his phone rang again. Niklaus. "I'm terribly busy," Kol pointed out as he answered. "Y/N is in New York. I need you to find her and bring her back. It appears there's some miscommunication on who has been conspiring against who," Klaus told Kol. Kol looked to you, who had been smiling and having fun this entire time. He hadn't seen you that way in weeks. "I'm in New York, I was tracking her with the help of a fellow witch...she was a step ahead. She's gone," Kol lied. "If you're bluffing—" You shut Kol's phone. "Finish your lecture," you told him, pulling his hand over your shoulder to join you. He smirked as you took his drink, finishing it for him. "For starters, it bothers me you didn't say how naughty of a dancer you were," he joked. You rolled your eyes as Kol did a half-smile back at you.