Elijah Mikaelson: Family time

(rare instance of fluff)

Your sisters sat at the coffee table with your toddler brother, playing one of those nasty card games you bought for them to enjoy on one of their birthdays. You invited Elijah over for a peaceful night alone until you found out your sisters were surprising you for your birthday. Elijah didn't mind. He didn't know your family well, though, he wanted to see what it was like to have a docile household instead of hostile one.

You stepped over Elijah's legs on the couch to avoid the slim path between the couch and your sisters seated around the table. You leaned into him, your forearm resting on his leg as you curled your legs inward on the couch. Slipping his arm around your shoulders, he kissed the top of your head.
"You have brothers? Are they cute? I mean, they don't have to be, but [your sister's name] is about to die alone," one of your sisters asked Elijah.
[Your sister] slapped the other's knee. You rolled your eyes.
"I'm sorry. I didn't realize they'd all be in my house tonight," you muttered to him.
Elijah replies, "They have yet to scare me away."
"Give it fifteen minutes," one of your sisters chime in facetiously.
You tossed a pillow at her without looking away from Elijah.
He put some hair behind your ear, kissing you gently on the lips. It was comforting to feel the squeeze of his hand around your arm, and his cold hand around yours. Your little brother hung onto the side of the couch next to you, staring away with his pacifier in hand. Sensing his little presence, you slowly pull away from Elijah to look at him. Your brother holds up one of his many stuffed toys with a bow awkwardly taped to it.
"For me?" you laugh, picking him up.
Elijah liked seeing you with your little brother, because that's when you smiled biggest.
"What's the occasion?" Elijah asked.
"It's her birthday. She has a weird thing about birthdays," your sister said flatly.
Elijah turned to you in surprise. He realized he'd never asked nor had he noticed you didn't say anything about a birthday.
"What? You don't celebrate," you tell him.
Elijah replied, "Because I've significantly burnt myself out, if you couldn't tell. A little warning next time, Y/N, otherwise we wouldn't have stayed in."
"Are you sure about that?" you whispered mischievously.
"Well, fuck," Your sister chirps.
Your sisters burst out laughing and you smirked a little at Elijah, who grinned back at you.