fourteen; attemtped escape

CHAPTER FOURTEEN, ATTEMPTED ESCAPE

Days had passed since Peeta and Ella mad an appearance on the Capitol's show, the both were then again taken into 'questioning' for what had happened during the interview. They were now starving the victors, halving most of the food they were providing in the first place and even though it had been just a few days, Peeta and Ella were quite noticeably already started to loose significant amounts of weight. 

Ella and Peeta were seated on the bed side by side, both quietly staring off into space, not having much to talk about. Being so isolated from everyone else, they found comfort in each other, even without conversing with each other. Ella was leaning her head on Peeta's shoulder, drained with exhaustion, Peeta suddenly sat up right.

"We can't keep doing this. We need to get out of here." Peeta stated, sitting up straighter, motioning Joanna to come as well. 

Ella, confused, lifted her head from his shoulder and scooted closer to Joanna who was just as clueless as Ella was. Peeta got closer realizing he needed to be as secretive as he could, glancing at the conversing Peacekeepers who were too ignorant to hear them. "Here's what we need to do. Joanna and I, we're gonna start a  fight, doesn't matter how hard the punches are but we've got to make it look real, we don't stop until we're in restraints, okay? Ella, the minute all the Peacekeepers are in, get out. Just run as fast as you can, hide in their closets but get out of her, then all the attention will be on you, we'll find a way to get out too. We all get the hell out of here, we'll hide in the capitol for a while." 

It took a minute for Ella and Joanna to wrap their head around the idea Peeta had, it was absurd to say the least, the brunette glanced at Joanna, sensing a surge of disbelief. 

"You're crazy." Joanna stated with a sarcastic laugh. "There more Peacekeepers then we can count." 

"Don't be such a pessimist, Joanna." Ella said, clearing her throat before looking at Peeta. 

Joanna scoffed at her, a smile on her face that didn't seem happy. "I'm just doing your job, Ella, how are you okay with this?" 

Ella shrugged. "It's worth a try, I'm sick of this place and even if I get an inch outside, it would be a victory for me." 

Joanna sighed, shaking her head before agreeing. "Okay, when do we do this." 

"If we start now, it'll be too obvious that we planned it so we should wait for a few minutes." Ella suggested, Peeta nodding his head at the girl. 

Joanna got up from her seat and made her way towards her bed. "Okay losers I'm done."

A few minutes had already passed in the silence of the three victors. The Peacekeepers were still conversing about disgusting things that couldn't even be talked about between the pair. 

"This is all your fucking fault, Mellark." Joanna shouted, standing up from her position, kicking the bed in false anger. The peacekeepers briefly look at her before continuing their conversation. "If your shitty fiance could have just kept her damn mouth shut and her brain in check we wouldn't be in this mess."