sixteen; malnourished and in danger

CHAPTER SIXTEEN, MALNOURISHED AND IN DANGER

"The attack on the dam was a callous and inhumane act of destruction." Peeta spoke wobbly, tears in his dull and dark eyes, punished like he was a spy of an enemy, he let out a quite whimper as a clip of Katniss singing played on the screen he was talking to, the boy glanced at Ella who sat beside him, in the exact same severity. Ella gulped quickly, the camera shifting towards her , the brunette knowing that the blonde couldn't carry on.

Finnick's eyes watered, him standing next to Katniss who cried at the state of the two tributes, them looking sickly pale with colors on their face like a water color palette. Bruised and beaten, and that couldn't be covered with any sort of makeup, their watered eyes enough to tell what they had been through.

Finnick's eyes searched Ella's face, his heart hammering against his chest like thunder in his body, he couldn't breathe upon the shift of the camera, him almost falling over at the sight of the girl he had fallen in love with so long ago. Her cheekbones stood out, her usually plum and pink lips faded of any color, chapped like water wasn't served to her for days. Although her hair was done, anyone could tell that it was lighter then usual, thinner. Ella had no flesh on her face and Finnick couldn't imagine what the rest of her body being so malnourished.

"Think about it.How will this end? What will be left?" Ella tried to continue, her watered eyes distant as she glanced at the fidgeting hands every now and then, trying to ignore the song bringing up the terrible memories of her struggles, Tear continuously leaving her eyes. "No one can survive this. No one is safe, not in any of the districts. Not in the Capitol. They're coming, Finnick."

Peeta glanced at the girl beside him quickly, continuing just as fast as the Peacekeepers approached them, weapons in hand. "They're gonna kill everyone And in District 13, you'll be dead by morning."

The screen faded out quickly, both Ella and Peeta's faces leaving as Peacekeepers got them out of their seats, hitting them as a cry left the former's lips. Ella cried, screaming and thrashing in the arms of the white men, Ceaser Flickerman's panicked eyes meeting her's, him seeming almost apologetic as he was dragged away by his team, not as flustered as they watched the men beating the two tributes.

"Peeta, no! No! Please, no!" Ella screamed, sobbing as the peacekeepers hit her and tackled her, whipping them with their leather whips, using their guns to try and knock them out, Ella's eyes meet Peeta's him trying to tell her to calm down, telling her that everything would be okay but Ella couldn't hear him, as the bag of the gun hit her write on her temple, her vision growing blurry and her ears ringing, the chaos around her fading out into a blur and she was captivated by the dark.

**

Finnick yelled out, slamming his palm on the table as Katniss panicked too, everyone had seen the two being beaten for split second when the shot cut and a logo of the Capitol appeared on the screen. "We have to get them out of there, before they kill them mercilessly."