EPILOGUE

Amy

The loud sound of the alarm resonates in the air but I'm already wide awake.

Of course I am. Today is a special day. Jai's birthday.

We have a lot of things planned for him. Aditya and his family, Shlok and Ahana are coming over to celebrate with us. There's so much to do! I quietly push the covers off me and go to the washroom to take a shower.

I step out of the apartment and let out a sigh of content. Hot showers are the best, I swear. I go to the kitchen to prepare a cup of coffee for myself. The house is silent, but I know it won't be long before Jai and the twins wake up.

Lola, the retriever Jai got for us, follows me to the kitchen, like the adorable dog she is. I bend down and pet her head. A smile takes up her face.

I give her a biscuit. "Good girl."

She happily takes it in her mouth and goes out of the kitchen.

I resume making my coffee with a smile on my face. I love how much better my life has become. It's great, perfect even.

Not so long after the proposal, we managed to combine mine and Jai's apartment into a single one. It took us a while, and we lived with Jai's parents until it was all done. So now we have four bedrooms in our home.

Many suggested buying an independent house, but we didn't want to. This apartment played a huge role in bringing us together. It has too many memories to just leave.

Hands snaking around my waist from behind, and lips attaching itself to my neck pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Good morning, " he plants tease kisses on my neck.

"Good morning, Jai, " I make an effort to turn around, but he tightens his grip, not allowing me and continues teasing me, making me hot all over.

Slowly, he darts his tongue out and starts licking the base of my neck. My breathing becomes faster. His lips touch a sensitive spot, causing a moan to escape my lips.

This encourages him further and he starts nibbling and sucking the skin he just licked, hands roaming all over. My head falls on his shoulder, in a moment of wild abandonment.

How he can make me feel like this with his touches will always remain a wonder.

And suddenly, he turns me around swiftly and crashes his lips on mine, and we kiss for a while, deep and with love.

When we pull apart, we're gasping for air, and Jai's eyes have darkened considerably. I'm sure my expression mirrors his.

"I love you, " he gasps, his forehead on mine.

"I love you."

I pull away and hold his face in my hands. "Happy birthday, Jai."

He smiles at me, a boyish yet shy smile. "Thank you."

We hear sounds from the living room. First, a thud! and the sound of Ayush groaning, and then Amaya 'silently' shushing him.

Ayush and Amaya. Our kids. Our kids. Our kids. They are twins, Ayush being elder than Amaya by three minutes. It's hella adorable to see them. Ayush takes after me and Amaya, after her Dad. One thing I'm glad about is that both of them inherited the dimple. It's quite deep too.

Their footsteps approach the kitchen and when they see Jai, they run towards him and hug his legs, shouting, "Happy birthday, Daddy!"

He laughs and bends down to hold them close to his chest. "Thank you both of you. Did you sleep well?"