Chapter 8: Hated!

Ever After!
    Bunny walked up to Lizzie. "Hey, Liz." Bunny greeted. "Hey." Lizzie greeted. "Hi." Lizzie greeted. "Are you okay?" Bunny asked. "Sure." Lizzie replied. Bunny sighed and linked arms with her as they walked down the hall. "What is it, Lizzie?" Bunny asked and Lizzie sighed. "I had a sister I never knew of." Lizzie replied and Bunny gasped. "Seriously?" Bunny asked. "Yeah, she died when I was a baby and I think that's why my mom is the way she is around me." Lizzie replied. "That's just awful." Bunny commented and Lizzie nodded. "Yeah, my mom almost did something stupid because of it." Lizzie told her. "What?" Bunny asked. "She hired a Necromancer, and he's back." Lizzie replied. "Wow. Necromancer's are not good." Bunny commented. "Tell me about it." Lizzie agreed.
     Lizzie sat on her bed in her dorm room when someone knocked. "Come in!" Lizzie called. Daring walked in and closed the dood behind him as Lizzie stood up with a smile. "What took you so long?" Lizzie asked. "I had to dodge Apple." Daring replied and Lizzie laughed as he walked up to her and kissed her. They've been secretly dating for the past week. "We should go before Duchess comes back." Lizzie told him. "Where do you want to go?" Daring asked. "The Forbidden Forest." Lizzie replied. "Isn't that dangerous?" Daring asked. "I love danger." Lizzie replied and Daring laughed. "Sure." Daring agreed. "I'll meet you in ten minutes." Lizzie told him. He kissed her forehead and walked out.
     Lizzie walked outside and saw Duchess and Faybelle laughing as they looked at her. Lizzie sighed and walked up to them. "What's so funny?" Lizzie asked. "Nothing." Duchess replied. "You." Faybelle told her. "What about me?" Lizzie asked. "Raven use to be the most hated person in Ever After, but now that she has her full powers, you are." Faybelle replied. "So, you think you can make fun of me and just get away with it?" Lizzie asked. "Pretty much." Duchess replied. "Off with your head!" Lizzie yelled. Marchness grabbed her and pulled her away from them. "What do you think you're doing?" Marchness asked. "Attacking them." Lizzie replied. "You need to cool yourself." Marchness told her. "You know cooling myself isn't my strong suit." Lizzie told him and he sighed. "Just ignore them." Marchness told her. "Whatever." Lizzie commented. "They're wrong, you know." Marchness told her. "About what?" Lizzie asked. "About you being the most hated person in Ever After." Marchness replied. "That's the one thing they're right about." Lizzie told him. "Come on, Liz." Marchness commented. "I have to go." Lizzie told him and walked off school grounds.
   Marchness walked into the castleteria and up to the Wonderlandians. "Have you guys seen Lizzie?" Marchness asked. "Not since this morning." Bunny replied. "Faybelle Thorn and Duchess Swan were harassing her earlier." Marchness told them. "Harassing her how?" Dina asked. "Laughing at her and told her she was the most hated person in Ever After." Marchness replied. "Is she okay?" Tammy asked. "She told me that she found out she had an older sister who died, and she thinks that's why her mom treats her the way she does." Bunny replied. "Where did she go?" Kitty asked. "I watched her walk off the school grounds, that's all I know." Marchness replied. "She's the strongest person we know, I'm sure she'll be fine." Tony commented. "Yeah. I mean, it's Lizzie. I don't think she knows how to be sad. Mad, yes. Happy, sometimes." Maddie explained. "She's only happy when it's just this group. When we're away from everyone else." Alistair added. "The strongest people, are usually the saddest and most broken people." Cari told them. "We should go find her." Dina suggested. "Good idea." Tammy agreed as they left the Castleteria.
      Lizzie walked into the Forbidden Forest and immediately saw Daring. "Hey." Daring greeted. "Hi." Lizzie greeted. He pulled her in close and kissed her passionately. He pulled away and gazed into her eyes. "Are you okay?" Daring asked and Lizzie sighed. "I'm fine." Lizzie replied. "Lizzie." Daring commented and Lizzie sighed. "I'm just tired." Lizzie told him. "Of what?" Daring asked. "Of everyone at this school, except you and my friends." Lizzie replied. "What happened?" Daring asked. "It's nothing, really." Lizzie replied and Daring nodded. "Okay, let's just hang out." Daring suggested and Lizzie smiled. "Sounds good to me." Lizzie agreed.
      Lizzie walked back to the school and her friends ran to her. "Where have you been?" Tony asked. "No where special." Lizzie replied. "You missed tea time! That is so not cool!" Maddie exclaimed as she crossed her arms. "It's not that big of a deal." Lizzie told them and Maddie gasped. "How could you? I don't even know who you are anymore." Maddie commented. Lizzie saw Apple walk over to Daring and linked arms with him. She could tell he was uncomfortable, but couldn't tell her about him and Lizzie. "Liz, what's been going on with you?" Bunny asked. "Nothing." Lizzie replied. "We know about your sister." Dina told her and Lizzie sighed. "Really, Bunny?" Lizzie asked. "I'm sorry, I was just worried about you." Bunny replied. "So, I have sister that I never knew about. I don't care." Lizzie told her. "Seriously? You don't care, at all?" Alistair asked. "No. My mom has never cared about me, and I don't care now that I know the reason." Lizzie replied. "Of course she cares about you." Cari told her. "It doesn't matter anymore, whether she does or whether she doesn't. It's too late." Lizzie told them. She walked away as Daring watched her leave with a sigh.
     Lizzie walked down the hall and saw everyome staring and murmuring. She sighed as she just walked on, ignoring them. She bumped into Raven. "Sorry, Lizzie." Raven apologized. Lizzie groaned and just walked as Raven watched her leave. Lizzie walked back in her dorm and slammed the door. She groaned as she sat on the bed and laid down. Raven walked inside and looked at her.  "Go away." Lizzie told her. "Is everything okay, Lizzie?" Raven asked. "I'm fine. I keep telling everyone I'm fine, and no one seem to believe me." Lizzie replied. "Maybe it's because you're not acting like you're fine." Raven told him. Lizzie sighed as she stood up. "Or maybe I'm just tired of everyone acting like there's something wrong with me just because I'm stronger then everyone at this school and because I'm not easily manipulated or heart broken when people don't like me." Lizzie explained. "Who doesn't like you?" Raven asked as Lizzie walked over to her cabinet. "Everyone, but I don't care." Lizzie replied. "Why are you acting like it?" Raven asked. "I have other things going on in my life, Raven." Lizzie replied as she took out the map to the Well of Wonder. "So, you just take it out on everyone around?" Raven asked. "Yes." Lizzie replied. "Why?" Raven asked. "I don't know, maybe I just like it." Lizzie replied. Lizzie walked past Raven as Raven sighed.