Keep it quiet

Amethyst's POV

We got back to my house and we were all silent while unpacking. Jay went into the house and never came back out. I sighed, "Go on check on her" my mother said. I nodded and ran inside. I opened the door to our room, and there she sat head in her hands. I crawled over to her, "Jay?" I asked, "Smile." I begged. She looked up at me and slightly smiled, "I'm fine, I'm fine" she whispered. I took her hand and stood up. "Come on now we will go on a walk," she stood up and we left the house. As I sat down on the banks of the creek Jay started speaking, "Amethyst, I don't know how long we will be gone or how far we will go. I don't know if we would be able to buy many things for the first month and I can't promise plenty of other things. Although, I will promise this if you will just deal with hardship the first few weeks then we might actually make it together." I squeezed her hand and smiled "together" I repeated.

Monday, 5 days left.

I awoke to the sun in my eyes. Jay was sleeping soundly besides me as I reached under the bed and started packing a duffel bag. As she started to stir I pushed the bag back under the bed and kissed her forehead. Her eyes opened and closed as she groaned, "I know the sun is a pain." I said. She pulled me closer and kissed me, "yea"

Tuesday 4 days left

I quickly ate lunch then retreated back into my room to pack a bit more. I dug through piles of clothes and books to find over-sized clothes so they would last. As footsteps approached I shoved the bag back under. "Sweetie I'm going to the store don't open the door," my mother said. I nodded and followed her into the living room.

Wendsday 3 days left

I had finally finished packing this morning, we had clothes, food, and blankets. I zipped up the bag and sat it on the dresser. Jay turned to me, "will she notice?" she asked. "Nah mum won't notice the random bag, but keep quiet anyway." I replied " I love you"

"I love you to" Jay sighed. I looked at her, "don't worry we'll be fine" I reassured. Only three days left and I'm still not prepared.