Losing It

Amethyst's POV

I was shook awake by my mother, "Mmmph" I managed groggily. "Come on get up. We are leaving soon." She said. I looked beside me at Jay sleeping soundly. She was so perfect, how did we get here? I stood and pulled a oversized hoodie on over my batman pajamas. as my mother left I bent down in front of the bed. "Hey Jay? Come on sweetheart you've got to get up." I said as I kissed her forehead. Her eyes slowly opened and she sleepily smiled at me. "Good morning" she said, I smiled and handed her her jacket.

As Jay sat on the couch in the living room, my mother pulled me aside. "Amethyst you know I love you. I know you think you love that girl, but she's going to get you hurt. She can't come." My mother stated. I frowned, " If she doesn't then I don't." I said. My mother sighed and left for the truck. Soon she came back with her suitcase and a cooler. Right then a crazy idea popped in my head. My mother sat her stuff down and retreated into her bedroom, I looked over at Jay and smiled deviously. "Come on grab the truck keys." I whispered. Jay grabbed the keys and I went to my mother's bedroom door. "Mum this is it. If you're not going to allow Jay to come then Jay and I will go." I stated through the door. Quick shuffling could be heard before my mother opened her bedroom door. "Then we all go" she said putting one last gun in her holster. I smiled and left for the truck.

We have been on the road for about five hours now, I wrapped my arm around Jay ,who was asleep. My mother was driving and I had no idea where we were going. "I still don't like the idea of her being with us." My mother said out of the blue. My eyes narrowed, "You just have to deal with the fact that I am in love with a girl. I'm not going to be your idea of perfect. I won't stand for anymore homo comments either. I am your daughter and I have a girlfriend that I love so unless you want me to leave I suggest you deal." I said. I was surprised, I had never talked to my mother that way. She nodded and turned up the radio. We listened to classic rock for a while before going into Muncy PA. It was about eleven now and we were all hungry. Well I think Jay was, she hadn't said much the whole ride. My mother pulled into a May's Diner, and we got out. (By the way May's Diner is a real place in the Muncy Vally. I've been there it's great. Sorry)

We sat at our table laughing at funny stories in our past. It felt great to be away and everyone smiling. I leaned back in my seat and pushed my empty plate away. "That was great!" Jay exclaimed, I smiled and agreed. I looked at an advertisement on the table for a small zoo type thing. "Maybe a long trip is a good thing, but maybe not because I'm losing it." I thought. My thoughts have been running wild for days. I've just been waiting until I break, and I know it won't be pretty.