The Sign of Three

Previously................

"I do." I said, "He was pre-stabbed. The belt on the uniforms would bind the wound so if he was stabbed while on duty he wouldn't even feel it if like a tourist was to come up and take a picture with him."

"Sam, you are a genius and I love you." He told me and I smiled.

Now............

"I'll investigate it more later, but thank you Sam." Sherlock smiled at me then turning to the crowd. "There was one feature, andonly one feature, of interest in the whole of this baffling case, and quite frankly it was the usual. John Watson – who, while I was trying to solve the murder, instead saved a life. There are mysteries worth solving and stories worth telling. The best and bravest man I know – and on top of that he actually knows how to do stuff...... Except wedding planning and serviettes – he’s rubbish at those."

"True!" John shouted in agreement.

"The case itself remains the most ingenious and brilliantly-planned murder – or attempted murder – I’ve ever had the pleasure to encounter; the most perfect locked-room mystery of which I am aware. However, I’m not just here to praise John – I’m also here to embarrass him, so let’s move on to some ..." Lestade then cut Sher off.

"No-no, wait, so how was it ... how was it done?" Lestrade asked.

"How was what done?"

"The stabbing." Greg told him.

"I haven't solved yet, but Sam's theory is looking quite good." He told him. "Embarrassment leads me on to the stag night. Of course there’s hours of material here, but I’ve cut it down to the really good bits." He then began to describe the case that happened that night, "Married. Obvious, really. Our Mayfly Man was trying to escape the suffocating chains of domesticity and instead of endless nights in watching the telly or going to barbecues with awful dreadful boring people he couldn’t stand, he used his wits, cleverness and powers of disguise to play the field. He was.... On second thoughts I probably should have told you about the Elephant in the Room. However, it does help to further illustrate how invaluable John is to me. I can read a crime scene the way he can understand a human being. I used to think that’s what made me special – quite frankly, I still do. But a word to the wise: should any of you require the services of either of us, I will solve your murder, but it takes John Watson to save your life. Trust me on that – I should know. He’s saved mine so many times, and in so many ways. This blog is the story of two men, a woman and their frankly ridiculous adventures of murder, mystery and mayhem. But from now on, there’s a new story a bigger adventure. Ladies and gentlemen, pray charge your glasses and be upstanding." He picks up his glass and everyone stands, as do I. "Today begin the adventures of Mary Elizabeth Watson and John Hamish Watson. The two reasons why every single one of us is here today..." He pauses and next thing I knew, he dropped his glass. "Oh, sorry. I....." Then the head waiter comes over to him.

"Another glass, sir?" He asked.

"Thank you, yes. Thank you, yes." Sher awnsered him, then getting the glass. "Now, where were we? Ah, yes. Raising glasses and standing up. Very good. Thank you. And down again." We all sat down again, and I was confused but sat down again. Ladies and gentlemen, people tell you not to milk a good speech – get off early, leave ’em laughing. Wise advice I’ll certainly try to bear in mind. But for now ..." He then jumped over the table, "...part two." I was so confused but he wouldn't do this if everything was okay. "Part two is more action-based. I’m gonna ... walk around, shake things up a bit. Who’d go to a wedding? That’s the question. Who would bother to go to any lengths to get themselves to a wedding?" John shot me a look and I shrugged. "Weddings are great! Love a wedding."