The Death of Charles Augustus Magnussen

Baker Street.........

We walked in and Mrs Hudson was there, obviously worried. I ignored what she had said to me. We walked into 221B and I was the last one in the flat. "What is going on?" Mrs Hudsin asked.

"Bloody good question." John said, angry.

"The Watsons are about to have a domestic, and fairly quickly, I hope, because we’ve got work to do but Sam is part of it so I believe eventually me and her must talk about it." Sher told her.

"Oh, I have a better question." John began, "Is everyone I’ve ever met a psychopath?"

"Yes." Sherlock awsered after a momemt. "Good that we’ve settled that. Anyway, we ..." John cut him off.

"SHUT UP!" John yelled. "And stay shut up, because this is not funny. Not this time."

"I didn’t say it was funny." Sher said, defending himself. "I am quite angry myself, my best friend, the love of my life, lied to me as well."

"You." John began, looking at Rose. "What have I ever done ... hmm? ... my whole life ... to deserve you?"

"Everything." Sher told him.

"Sherlock, I’ve told you shut up." John told him.

"Oh, I mean it, seriously. Everything– everything you’ve ever done is what you did." Sher began.

"Sherlock, one more word and you will not need morphine." John warned.

"You were a doctor who went to war." I saw John heart rate elevate, "You’re a man who couldn’t stay in the suburbs for more than a month without storming a crack den and beating up a junkie. Your best friend is a sociopath who solves crimes as an alternative to getting high. That’s me, by the way. Hello. And our other best friend is the queen of all hackers who controls almost all assassins. Even the landlady used to run a drug cartel."

"It was my husband’s cartel. I was just typing." Mrs. Hudson said trying to defend herself.

"And Exotic dancing." Sher added.

"Sherlock Holmes, if you’ve been YouTube-ing ..." Sher then began to talk over her.

"John, you are addicted to a certain lifestyle. You’re abnormally attracted to dangerous situations and people so is it truly such a surprise that the woman you’ve fallen in love with conforms to that pattern?" Sher told him.

"But she wasn’t supposed to be like that." John said looking at Sherlock but pointing at Mary. "Why is everything always MY FAULT?!" He then kicked the small table onto the floor. Mrs. Hudson then hurries away, terrified.

"John, listen. Be calm and answer me. What is she?" Sher asked him.

"My lying wife?" He questioned.

"No. What is she?" Sher asked once more.

"And the woman who’s carrying my child who has lied to me since the day I met her?" John guessed.

"No. Not in this flat; not in this room. Right here, right now, what is she?" He asked again.

"Okay." John awmsered after awhile, "Your way. Always your way." John then picks up a dining chair and puts it where the clients usually sit. "Sit."

"Why?" Mary questioned.

"Because that’s where they sit." John awnsered, "the people who come in here with their stories. Th-the clients – that’s all you are now, Mary. You’re a client. This is where you sit and talk and this is where we sit and listen, then we decide if we want you or not." John sits in his spot and after awhile Sher sits in his, John the looks at me.