5

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

Was I actually doing this?

Was I actually going to tell my partner about mama before my best friend? Dad, the hospital staff, and I are the only people who knew about her death. I trust Chat with my life and respects my wishes, but was I really ready to tell someone else?

I went back to school today so there would be no suspicion (even though I've been late before because of my other duties) with a filled mind and less interactive attitude. Alya and Nino tried to pry answers out of me but came up to little to no success.

I wasn't the only one acting off, Adrien seemed different too. He sometimes would look over his shoulder when he thinks I'm not looking or gives a sympathetic look my way before changing back to his normal self.

I found that strange but didn't think much about it since I was acting differently too. Yet, he didn't push me like Alya and Nino did, which I very much appreciated.

The bell rang, ending Miss Bustier's class. My best friend swiftly packed her things and quickly left to catch up with Nino, saying she had to tell him something before he left. I rolled my eyes a little with a smile, head shaking and started to put my books in my bag. A loud slam on my desk made me jump in surprise.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng," Chloe growled, removing her hand from my desk and back to her hip. Sabrina stood off to the side with the same sinister look in her eyes like Chloe's. The blonde glared down at me. I'm wondering what I did to make her mad this time, not that it wasn't hard to tick off the mayor's daughter.

"Why is Adrien paying attention to a pathetic freak like you?" she hissed, dramatically. I returned the glare before standing up and making eye level with icy blue.

It was like she dared me to burst with anger, knowing the consequences but didn't care. I cared but wasn't going to let her keep bullying me. My face, once wrinkled with anger, evaporated into a blank stare.

"Why does it matter that he is paying more attention to me than you for once? If you ask me, Chloe, I think your jealousy and being dramatic about it is pretty pathetic. And another thing, how about you stop bullying everyone until you have your way. Also, get the fact that no one likes you except for Sabrina, who is practically more of a servant than a friend. You might be rich but that doesn't mean you can treat us lower than dirt," I replied.

Then I walked around the two shocked girls and out the door. I didn't feel the least bit bad for what I said but deep down, I knew it was wrong, very wrong. I entered the gloomy bakery and quickly scurried past my dad who seemed to be in his own world. Once safely inside my room, I let Tikki out and began to work on my homework.

"Marinette...I know she can be mean, but you shouldn't have taken it that far. You are Ladybug. You need to know when to stop fighting a battle-," Tikki lectured. I froze. The way she spoke was just like how my mom would do when I did something wrong. I can imagine her eyes narrowing down at me and hands on her hips about to lecture me.

I would give anything to be in that situation again just see her mad at me for doing something so silly. The pencil in my shakily, gripping hand snapped in two, one end falling onto the desk while the other was still in my grip.

She immediately stopped talking. I shot my head up to glare at my Kwami before snapping, "Why should I listen to you? Why does Ladybug have to be a perfect angel when under the mask, she is just a clumsy excuse for a daughter? Why are you even lecturing me on what's wrong and what's right? You're not my mom!"

My face softened when seeing something that broke my heart. Tikki was silently crying and staring at me in disbelief as if I was a stranger that she used to know.