20

HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS AND GALES!!!!!! :)

Enjoy!

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

I leaped in through my open window and released my transformation.

As always, Plagg would have complained about cheese, but this time, he was laughing his head off at my misfortune. I sat down on my bed tiredly, unsure of how I made it home without falling or confessing anything. Well...almost anything.

I continued to bite down on my lip and kept my hand over my mouth.

"So, are you going to talk my ears off with your secrets or are we going to keep Ladybug waiting?" Plagg said after calming down to mere chuckles and snickering. He floated on his back in midair and waited for me to spill the truth. With a sigh, I removed my hand and discontinued biting my lower lip.

Like an old dam holding in gushing water, I broke loose and let everything flow out of my mouth.

"I have a giant crush on Marinette Dupain-Cheng-"

"We've established that," Plagg stated, making me roll my eyes.

"-I'm Chat Noir and Adrien Agreste. I feel like more of an employee than a son. I am stressed—tired with keeping up a perfect image and pretending that I'm okay with everything when I'm really not. I just want to be myself instead of the perfect role model everyone sees me as. I hate that my father doesn't do anything but keep me locked up or watched on 24/7. He's almost never there when I need him or even remotely talks with me unless it's about business or getting a scolding..." I rambled, rubbing away unshed tears.

"...I really miss my mom, and I wish my father would stop reminding me that she is gone by also not being here for me. I feel so alone and trapped." I sniffled, feeling a couple of tears running down my face. Plagg's ears drooped knowing this information but never really knew how bad it was affecting me.

I dropped my gaze to the floor, feeling pathetic for admitting how I really felt. The truth could be a cruel thing in the wrong hands. I was comfortable enough to tell him my life's burdens weighing down on my shoulders, yet I felt weak at the moment.

So utterly weak and pathetic.

"I-I never told you t-this, P-Plagg," I began, taking in a shaky breath, "b-but I'm so happy and l-lucky to have you a-around, n-no matter h-how much you c-complain about wanting cheese o-or to annoy me to p-pieces. You're like my b-best friend and f-family."

"Kid, I-I know it's h-hard to keep the truth in, b-but can you s-stop being so sentimental," Plagg replied. I could tell he was touched by my words and couldn't help but let out a genuine laugh.

"Plagg," I began, smiling brightly and scratching under his chin, "The truth curse thing wore off a couple of minutes ago." My cat Kwami floated up towards my face and nuzzled my cheek, purring. I sniffled then stood up from the bed, cupping Plagg in my hands.

"I think it's time to go help Buginette," I said and called for my transformation, "Plagg, claws out!"

I felt my suit materialized onto my body then dashed out the window. I felt refreshed after letting out the truth and like I could breathe again. It felt so nice like when I first became Chat Noir and was given an opportunity to have freedom with escaping my room and being myself.

Nothing could dampen my mood...until I arrived at the battlefield.

Ladybug and Truth Seeker were on top of the Notre Dame.