30

HOLY SMOKES!

It has come!

The last chapter!

Enjoy!!

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

Life is short.

Every person runs on a different clock, some are very short while others live longer. Some are taken from us within a second and others have to tortuously wait until their final breath.

We mourn these losses but thrive on them as well. We grow stronger and learn to appreciate everything we have and had. We learn not to take our lives for granted from people who were never able to experience it. We miss the sun when it sets...but...

My mother will never watch me graduate, get married, or meet her future grandchildren. I miss her every single day to bits and pieces.

...it'll eventually rise once more, starting a brand new day.

Becoming a new person, a better one.

Loss is something we all have to go through...but things do get better.

With loss, we gain hope and carry on with people we still have with us. Whether they are friends, family, neighbors, acquaintances, or lovers, they guide us through the pain and hard days. Through all the highs and the lows that life challenges us to overcome. They help us heal in our darkest times.

Sometimes, we regret not doing or saying one last thing to that special person who is gone. We are left praying that they are listening. We are left wondering if they are standing beside us right now. We are left hoping that they made it to a better place in the afterlife.

Those thoughts may be haunting but reassure us to move on and live life to the fullest while it's still within our grasp. Cherish our memories we had with them and make new ones with the ones who are still with us today. If we still have memories, the people we care about will live on longer than life itself.

I will never take it for granted again.

Who knows when the last time I'll ever kiss my papa's cheek, hug my best friend until she has a hard time breathing or tell the boy that stole my heart how much I love him.

"Marinette! Your friends are here!" Papa called from downstairs. I blinked out of my own world and looked up from my diary for a moment. I wrote in a closing statement before shutting the book and placing it in the secured box.

"Coming!" I called back, running over to the trap door then opening it. I saw Alya, Nino, Adrien, and Papa all at the bottom of the stairs laughing. I smiled at everyone and began to walk down the stairs.

"Hey, gu-" I squeaked, missing a step and felt gravity pulling me towards the floor. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for impact knowing that it was going to hurt. Yet, the hard landing never came. A soft embrace replaced my landing instead.

I opened my eyes to meet forest green looking down at me.

"You alright, Princ-Marinette," he stuttered, grinning before turning into an awkward smile and setting me back on my feet.