three

My parents arrived shortly after Calum left that afternoon and after spending two nights in hospital after my operation I was allowed back home. During these 48 hours Ashton did not come to visit me again. I had a faint hope that he would, but remembered that I was being silly and tried to direct my thoughts to other things.

On the Thursday of the same week I broke my arm (Monday) I was allowed home. After they had dealt with my broken arm, which was the left one, thankfully I was right handed, they made me stay to keep an eye on me after blacking out. In my opinion it was pointless keeping me there to eat gross food, wear their ugly clothes and sleep in their uncomfortable beds.

The first thing I did when I got home was go upstairs to the wifi to check my phone, it had been two days without internet. I cringed thinking of all the alerts that would come in at once. But when I got there I remembered that my phone was lost. I would have to deal with that later.

I decided to freshen up after being at the hospital for so long and ran myself a hot bath. I had always preferred showers but baths made it easier to avoid wetting my cast. As the bath was running and the bath-bomb I had put
in was dissolving, I ran downstairs to grab a plastic bag to wrap around my cast just to be extra careful. I already couldn't wait to get my fiberglass cast and it had only been a few hours.

When I got out of the bath I gave myself the best beauty treatment I could with one hand. This cut out any form of manicure/pedicure, hair washing, blow drying or curling and pretty much everything else. God this cast was pissing me off but I thanked god it was my left hand, not right hand. If I was left to live life with my left hand only not much would be going down. I struggled to even open a drink bottle left-handed.

Friday morning I decided to ditch school and start fresh on Monday. My perfectly planned week had been stuffed up by my accident. Fancy coming to Australia and the first thing I do is pass out and break my arm all at once. I wondered what was next.

I decided to dedicate the day to going into the city and shopping for some summer clothes and finding my phone or buying a new one. I used my mum's phone to call my cousin and ask him to meet me and come shopping. I hadn't seen him since we came to Australia even though he's our only family here. So after taking double the amount of time I usually do to get ready, I headed off to the street where I fainted and broke my arm to search for my phone.

I was quite dressed up for the city in a red dress I bought when I was in New York a few years ago, but I dressed it down with low top converse. My hair was half up half down, trying to imitate Ariane Grande's look but not really succeeding with just one arm.

I had an hour and a half until I had to meet my cousin at the train station so I hastily walked around the street searching everywhere. I still hadn't found it after 15 minutes so I decided to knock on Luke's door and see if someone was home and if they'd seen it.

On my way up to the front door my dress kept blowing up and my hair was flying into my face, it was really hot but really windy. A confusing combination. I couldn't decide if I wanted to put my cardigan on or not. I was too hot with it on but too cold without it.

I rang the doorbell which played one of my favourite songs: Für Elisé. It brought back a warm nostalgic feeling reminding me of when my older cousin who was still in England would teach me it on her grand piano. I was just thinking of her and how proud I was of her, she won the X-factor just last year and her band Little Mix's debut single "Wings" had been a huge success. Last time I spoke to her she said she was just enjoying every moment and working on the album.

"The first thing I'll do when I get my phone is call Jade." I thought to myself as I heard footsteps on the way to answer the door.

The face I saw when the door opened shocked me a little. It was a boy who looked around my age with black/purple hair which was styled messily around his face. I appreciated that I could actually see his face because I was wearing my glasses, I had spent all of my hospital visit and first day of school without them. He had fairly white skin which was completely contrasted by his dark hair. He wore a cheeky grin when he saw me and I stood there stunned and not sure what to say.