twelve

||||/
If you vote for this I will marry you.

The sound of knuckles knocking against the wood of my front door echoed through the house up to my bedroom where I was drenching myself in Victoria's Secret body spray and examining myself in the mirror for the hundredth time. I had sent a quick snapchat to my best friends in England to make sure they thought I looked okay.

I mean, I knew I looked fine, but I was just so nervous and the sound of the knock on wood was one I had been anxiously awaiting all afternoon. It had taken me forever to decide what to wear, I had no idea where he was taking me so I wasn't sure what the dress code was exactly. I finally decided on a dress I bought last year in Hawaii which was a dress made from denim look fabric, with off white polka dots all over. It buttoned down all way at the front and it was fitted until just above my waistline, from there it flared out. It had a retro 60s style look and it was a bit of a go-to for me. I had applied my everyday makeup, just a bit enhanced, adding bronzer and light eye makeup.

I gave one last spray across my body, patted down my dress in the mirror and ran my fingers through my curled hair, I had meant to grab my bag and jacket but I didn't want to leave Ashton waiting.

He knocked again as I had almost reached the door and through all my nerves he still managed to make me smile at how he had a little rhythm when he knocked on the door.

"I'm coming." I called through the door.

I turned the handle and pulled the door in, revealing Ashton standing there. He looked quite different in Chino pants instead of black skinny jeans. He was wearing a white Nirvana tee shirt that said "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and he had ditched his usual bandana and his hair was out free.

He shook his curly locks around his face, to get them out of his eyes before he looked at me and said "Hey Hemmings."

"Hey Irwin." I replied.

"It's so weird calling you that, I'm so used to saying it to Luke." he told me.

"I forgot about our last names being the same, it really is so weird." he was sort of awkwardly waiting for me to step outside but I just needed a chance to tell him that I had to run back...

"Do you wanna..." I cut him off before he could continue asking me to come outside.

"I just need to grab my bag from upstairs, I'll be a second sorry." I said, turning around already.

"All good." Ashton said and I ran upstairs and grabbed my bag which I had especially packed for tonight.

I walked back down, bag slung over my shoulder. As well as getting my things I took a minute to find my chill, I was a bit jumpy and I was speaking all fast. Things would run smoother tonight if I could just relax.

Ashton was standing in the doorway, leaning against it, with his hands halfway buried in his pockets. He smiled at me when I reached him.

We turned and exited the house, walking down the stairs. I stopped on one of the last ones when I spotted something in the driveway that I couldn't believe.

"No." I said, eyeing the huge motorcycle that was sitting near the road.

"Why not?" Ashton was clueless as to why I wouldn't want to ride on a motorcycle.

"Ash!" I lightly slapped him on the arm with the back of my hand. "I'm in a dress, plus, I'm scared of falling off. I didn't even know you had a motorcycle anyway." I said. We were still standing on the same step.

"Aw, c'mon. It's Michael's and I won't let you go. Plus, we are just riding to the station." he pleaded with me. I felt a bit bad, he was probably freaking out that I'd reject his plan and it'd be ruined