four

I think I cried.

They were beyond amazing.

Yep, that was a tear falling down my cheek.

I was crying.

The last thing I really expected was for them to be so good. Like they were better than good. I'd never heard anything like it, they had a completely unique sound and I had to keep reminding myself that this was just them practicing. They belonged on stage, not in this basement.

When the song finished it kind of went quiet. The boys had been too involved in concentrating on the music to notice I was crying. When Ashton did, he came over and wrapped his arms around me. It felt warm and friendly, my whole body warmed but I continued to sob into his chest. He was taller than me so my head only reached up to his chest.

"Umm what's going on?" Luke asked in a confused voice.

I looked at him and tried to answer him but then the sobs came again and Ashton pulled me into his chest again.

His first question still unanswered, Luke asked another one.

"So you liked it or...?"

I nodded and sniffled.

When I found my voice again and in a pathetically shaky voice that kept breaking I said "Another one please."

"We'll do Out of my Limit one more time then I reckon Beside You." Calum suggested.

"Sounds good, can we film some shit for YouTube as well after that." Michael said.

"Yep." all three other boys answered.

These boys were so chilled and laid back, I couldn't believe that they had just performed and wrote that song.

After hearing Out of my Limit one more time, the boys moved to their acoustic instruments, Ashton sitting on the drum he'd brought in earlier, and performed Beside You. I was still kind of crying, when one of the boys weren't doing anything they'd smile at me kindly. This was mainly Ash, I noticed he only really did back up vocals, I wondered what his voice was like, I knew all other three boys' voices were beautiful. All really different but amazing all the same.

When Beside You was over Luke ran upstairs and came back down with a camera.

"I guess we'll get you to film, Callie." he said to me, handing me the camera.

"Okay." I said.

I pressed play and the boys introduced themselves. "Hey we're Five Seconds of Summer." they said in unison.

"Michael, Ashton, Calum, Luke." Calum said. "Here's a cover of Jesy Rae by All Time Low. Like, subscribe n shit."

"No guitar." Michael commented, smirking over at Calum.

"Sexy as." Calum replied, making me hold back a snort, I didn't want to ruin their video.

And so they started. Calum had ditched his guitar and Ashton had swapped drums. It was really good, I preferred the other songs because they wrote them themselves but all the same, I loved it.

After Jesy Rae they went back to the big drum kit and electric guitars and practiced some other songs. I knew a lot of the words to a lot of the songs by the end of it.

"I have something I wrote I have to show you guys." Luke told the other boys when they wrapped up the rehearsal, "let me go grab it."

Luke came back with a notepad, he opened it up to a page scrawled with musical notes and some lyrics. Picking up his guitar, he sat and began playing.