twenty-four

read my lovely friend Charlotte's fanfiction right now it's Calum and I actually love it. I don't understand why some fanfictions are so shitty and get like 1M views, then ones that are better get like ten. It's in my reading list if you can't find @charlottewooods in my followers list x

||||/

Ashton finally realised what had been upsetting me. I think.

I was hoping that's why he asked me.

"Callie." I heard his voice through the phone, and immediately I lit up.

"Uh-hey." I spoke into the phone awkwardly, trying to get away from my dad as quickly as I could.

He didn't say anything for a little bit. "Ash?" I questioned through the phone.

"Yeah sorry." He said. "I thought that you might wanna go to the formal because all the other girls do, and Daisy yelled at me when I said I wasn't going. So will you come with me. Like as my date?"

"Yes." I said in the voice I usually used when talking about One Direction with my friends. Yrsh, I used my fangirl voice, fangirling over Ashton, in front if Ashton.

"Okay good. Are you going to school tomorrow?" He asked. I think he might've been a bit nervous to ask me to formal.

"No one else is. I have to get ready now that I'm going anyway."

"Sorry. I thought you might've been going anyway and remembered that I should ask you.

I assured him it was okay before we ended the phone call and I began searching around on different sites to order a dress. It had to be from Australia with under 24 hour delivery.

So that was basically The Iconic. There wasn't much when I first looked through, but then I decided I'd have to be more open minded. I ordered a few different dresses in different sizes so when they arrived I'd be able to choose the best one.

I was lucky my mother had so many different kinda of shoes. I wasn't worrying about those right now, but I knew there would be something suitable.

After I got the dress shopping out of the way, I allowed myself to sit and melt from Ashton asking me. He didn't buy me 50 red roses and get down on one knee as soon as the formal was announced.

He awkwardly called me the night before but whatever. I was still going with him.

•••

Now there was the formal thing, my mum might have to find out about Ashton. Something we both admitted we weren't ready for. I was preparing for having to tell mum about him, it wasn't that she'd worry or disapprove, I simply just didn't like telling her these things.

But being Ashton, he came up with a master plan.

He called me at midday when I was just about to go see if I could find a hair salon to do my hair.
His plan was great actually. I went over to his place where I could get ready with Daisy. She had this one friend who was studying makeup artistry and Daisy was good at hair herself.

It'd save money and my mum finding out. I arrived in my matching set of Peter Alexander Disney Princess pyjamas. I'd been in them all day and really saw no point in changing.

Ash was the one who answered the door to me. "Hey." He smiled, not noticing my pyjamas but instead hugging me briefly and firmly, still being soft, and giving me a short, but slightly lingering kiss.

"Daisy's downstairs. She's kicking me out because apparently I'm not allowed to see you until formal time."

"Better hide these then." I said, putting the dresses Id brought over behind my back."