seventeen

||||/
I know that sixteen is all messed up idk why it's gone all weird. I'm just trying to live with it I suggest you do the same.

Wednesday

Thursday

Those two days passed agonizingly slow.

Friday at school, I was a bit jumpy and a bit enthusiastic. A bit impatient, waiting for my date with Ashton that night.

For some reason this felt important. The other ones had been too, but according to Ashton this was our second official date, but the first proper one.

I went to the effort of booking a leg wax appointment and I got my nails painted at the same time because I was shitty at doing my own.

Outfits had been an issue until I had another skyping session with Leigh and we chose an outfit to order online during that time.

We went through all the different eras, besides eighties of course, for inspiration. Nineties were too bland, I did not want to wear seventies and turn up looking like a hippie, I had gone sixties inspired last time, the fifties were too similar, what even was the forties or thirties, and then we came to the twenties.

"So I'm gonna be a flapper then?" I asked.

"Callie!" Leigh exclaimed.

"What?"

"I think it's great. Wear a flapper skirt with a more plain top. Unless you need to be more fancy."

"I'll call Ashton." I told her and we ended but so ended up texting instead of calling, I didn't really like bothering him with my stupid questions. Despite this, he replied straight away.

Me: Sorry, but what is the dress code for Friday?

Ashton: There isn't one

Me: Well if you won't tell me where we are going (again) tell me what you are wearing.

Ashton: I haven't decided exactly what yet but something like a suit.

•••

Leigh: Something like a suit? What is he saying

Me: Probably slacks and a button up. That is very formal for him, he wears skinny jeans and band tshirts literally everywhere all the time.

Leigh: To bed?

Me: I wouldn't know

Leigh: Damn

Me: I'm not sure if we are even officially 'dating' yet.

Leigh: Well you are going out on dates

Leigh: Doesn't that make you 'dating?'

Me: I suppose so

Leigh: Back to the important stuff. The dress code appears to be semi-formal. The flapper dress will be great.

Me: More like formal. Ashton said suit. I use boys as an outfit picking guide. Ask what they are wearing and dress a level up because they always dress down

Leigh: Good thinking. I found something nice.

Me: ooh. Where?

Leigh: Do you want emerald green or silver

Just as I was gonna go for the safe option- silver- Leigh text back.

Leigh: you have no choice actually. You can't pass up an emerald green sparkly flapper dress. Green is stunning on you.

Me: where did you find it?

Leigh: It's a dress Perrie wore to this awards show. It's not too dressy tho, don't worry. I'll just get out stylist to sew on the flapper bits and alter it a bit to fit you. send through your measurements please x

Me: you are amazing and I love you, but will that really reach Australia by Friday.

Leigh: It will, trust me. Now go start planning some shoes. I have a band rehearsal gtg x

Me: bye love

•••

My dad was home as I got ready and kept requesting that I stay in for a games night with him. I didn't want to tell him I had a date but, pathetically, I couldn't even think of any other excuses.

"I'm going out dad, sorry." I declined him for the tenth time.

"You are always out." he huffed and turned the tv up.

"That's you actually." I mumbled.

I was ready ten minutes early for Ashton to arrive. I had taken the whole twenties thing a bit far but I had made sure I wasn't over dressed. Fashionably, I was taking a risk but it was exciting.

I had done silver eyeliner on top and mainly natural, but slightly sparkly eyeshadow. I did my waterline in black, my signature look. I'd bronzed and blushed my face, I looked quite different.

I waited in anticipation for the knock on the door, jumping slightly at any sort of sound.

When the sound finally came I stayed frozen in my seat for a minute. Long enough that Ashton knocked again and reminded me that the door wouldn't just open itself so I ran up and opened it for him.

||||/

Bad ending
idek what the date is yet