thirteen

||||/
so I had to rewrite this coz it deleted itself and I'm very upset 😩 I took hours writing it and when I went to update it was gone.

Ashton and I hadn't planned to meet up for the rest of the weekend, but I did end up seeing him on Saturday night at the KFC drive thru.

Sophia had flown down from Bali, where her family was staying, to stay with me for a week. It was a bit strange having her there while Ashton was. She was part of my old life and he was part of the new one, having them merged was like seeing a teacher outside of school.

Sophia and I had decided to ditch the night life and instead, stay in and watch chick flicks.

I was usually a McDonalds girl but when I heard Sophia had never had KFC I decided we had to go there.

"Hi, what may I get for you?" came the familiar voice of Ashton Irwin through the little walkie talkies used in the drive thrus.

Deciding to have some fun with this I said "Oh hi, may I please get a large pop-off chicken with strawberry flavored gravy."

"I'm so sorry miss but we don't actually sell strawberry flavored gravy." Ashton's voice came. "May I get you anything else instead?"

"Well that's ridiculous but in that case I guess I'll have just the pop-off chicken and two big macs." Sophia was trying to contain her laughter, she didn't even know that it was someone I knew taking our orders.

"Did you mean popcorn chicken?" Ashton asked.

"Yes sir, I did." I was pretending to be fed up.

"Okay what size did you want that, also we don't actually have Big Macs on our menu but we do have a similar burger that you could order." I was beginning to feel bad for Ashton but then again if was hilarious.

"I'll have a large and yes, whatever those burgers are I'll have them." I said.

"Sure mam. Any gravy?" he asked.

"Gravy flavored please." Sophia burst out laughing at that and I had to cover her mouth with my hand.

"That's all for today?" Ashton asked.

"I just have one question. Do you actually fry your chicken in Kentucky?" I had actually always wanted to ask this.

"No we actually cook it fresh instore. If you could just drive through to the pay station now." he said.

I drove through to the pay station where Ashton was, in his red uniform, taking the next person's order. He looked over to see me and when he realised that I had been the annoying customer his face changed and he started to silently laugh while trying to write down an order.

I held a twenty dollar note out to him and he took it, giving me my change back. We waited a few minutes for our food and when it came I saw Ash slip something in it before handing it to us.

He waved at me before we drove off and then the questioning immediately started.

"Well, he's cute." Sophia stated.

"It's him." I decided to tell her straight out and skip all the shït.

"Who?" she asked, somehow confused although it seemed pretty clear. She knew of Ashton. Not his name or anything, but she knew there was a boy I liked.

"Him." I repeated.

"Oh my gosh Cal. He's adorable. Does he like you? Have you guys been on a date? Does he have a girlfriend? Can he sing?" All her questions came rolling at once, I had to put a hand up to stop her.