eighteen

||||/
and I wish, that I was eighteen. All the things you read in a magazine. I'm not sayin I wanna be Charlie Sheen.

She told me to meet her there, I can't afford a bus fare. I'm not old enough for her Im just waitin till I'm eighteen.

I'm so sick of waitin till I'm eightee-ee-een *Luke Hemmings high note* *guitar riff*

I have loved you since we were eighteen. Long before we both thought the same thing.

^^unnecessary song references coz I was boreddd sorry

There he was standing in dressy jeans, still black and skinny, with a button up shirt on.

It had only been a few days but I had been waiting all week for this. Not at all in usual date courtesy, I wrapped him in a hug as soon as I saw him.

"Hey Hemmings." he mumbled into my hair.

"Irwin." I replied, nodding and taking the sight of him in for the first time. He appeared to have done his hair and with his half suit he wore black sunnies. "Woah." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Looking sharp aren't I." he giggled. "Are your parents home?"

"Yeah dad is." I replied.

"Quickly then, come around the corner." He pulled me out of the doorway.

Ashton pulled a huge bouquet of multicolored roses from behind his back and handed them to me.

They appeared to have all been dyed rainbow colours. "Oh my gosh!" I giggled.

"They had the plain purple ones, but these ones seemed way cooler. They still have purple on them."

"You're right, they're so much cooler." I brought them up to my nose and sniffed them. I suspected they had an artificial scent but it was such a boy thing to do to buy these kind of flowers. It made my heart ache for him and his barely bearable adorability.

"I didn't even know there were those kind of roses."

"They're not actually that colour Ash. They dye them."

"Oh right." he blushed. It was adorable.

"You like them?" he asked. I couldn't believe he was so unsure on this.

"Ashton." I rolled my eyes. "Do you think I like them?"

"Yeah?"

"Yes." I smiled and quickly poked one of his big dimples.

"Okay good." he laughed and took my hand, leading me to his car. "Now we have a few rules for tonight."

"Rules?"

"Yes, rules. Okay. One: don't even try to open the door for yourself. At all, ever."

"Okay."

"Two: umm. I forgot the others." he kind of let it out a bit nervously, covering that up with with a half hearted chuckle.

It was relieving to know he was a bit nervous as well.

I went to open the door to his ute for myself, before he slapped my hand away and did it himself. "You may get in now miss." he joked.

I looked over at him while he was driving. I had a few thoughts. Okay, number one: damn he looked fine. Like so good. I could cry, I wished I was that pretty.

Two: I was wondering where the hell he was driving to.

Three: We looked pretty funny sitting in this dirty white ute in our dressy clothes.