twenty six

it's been a little bit y'all. Excited to meet the people in the picture above? (Huge spoiler alert)

*can we all please note that thongs are flip flops if you aren't Aussie

Now the holidays were on, I realised I had basically no life. My only real friends in Australia were Calum, Michael, Luke and Ashton. There was Ben too , but I hadn't seen him for a while. I had started Gossip Girl, and also finished one season. I then moved on to beginning another Harry Potter marathon, but that wasn't as fun without popcorn and Leigh. And air con.

It was boiling hot at the moment, well only about 30 degrees, but coming from England that was hot. Somedays it was too hot for the beach, but if you stayed inside watching TV, you felt bad about wasting a nice day.

Mum and I had been shopping at Bondi markets together, and then on another day mum and dad tried to make me go to the beach with them to get out of bed. I went for a couple of hours, and that was basically all I'd done.

I had thought about my friends, but not really about contacting them. Besides Ash I hadn't so much as texted anyone. That's why I was surprised on Tuesday morning, to receive a message from Daisy.

It read: callie love. Is 9:30 good? I'm picking you up xox - Daisy

I replied: of course. But it'd be nice if I knew where we are going? You do know I have you as a contact right. You don't need to sign your name whenever u text

"Yeah, sorry love. We are going to my mum's place for a swim, Ashton hasn't cleaned ours for ages and theirs is colder anyway. See you then" She text again.

I let her know it was all good and then kind of freaked out about the fact that I'd be meeting Ashton's parents. I was meeting them more as Daisy's friend. I guess it would actually make things a lot less awkward.

It was already 8:45 so I quickly showered and got myself ready. I wore a crotchet one piece that I'd bought in Bondi and over the top wore high waisted shorts and a little crop top. Just loose beachy stuff, I hoped that was alright.

Daisy knocked on my door and I ran down to open it for her, grabbing my thongs on the way down.

"And where the hell have you been! Havent seen in you in ages." Daisy said as she greeted me with a tight hug.

"I know right." I said as we kissed cheeks.

Daisy, of course, looked fabulous. She had gotten really brown.

Daisy (and Ashton's) mum's name was Anne Marie. She was unnaturally blonde with super blue eyes that matched Daisy's. She also seemed to not know that I was with Ashton, just thought that I was one of Daisy's friends. That was totally okay, just a bit uncomfortable.

I met two of Ashton's other siblings. One of them I didn't even know existed. Seeing a fourteen year old looking girl in the pool who resembled Anne Marie majorly caught me off guard. Lauren was super sweet and cute, she was playing Marco Polo with their younger brother Harry. He was a little Ashton with blonde hair. He looked quite a bit like Daisy actually.

"Knock knock!" Daisy called as we entered through the open front door.

Anne Marie appeared with a broom in her hand. "What are you doing here. You have your own pool." She joked with Daisy.

I waited awkwardly as they hugged. "Uh- this is Callie, mum. My girl friend." I smiled at Anne.

"How are you doing?! I've heard all about you from Daisy. I'm Anne-Marie, people mainly call me Anne."

"I'm," I waited a moment, "spectacular actually. It's so nice to meet you."

"You too darl. From the UK are you?"