twenty-one

Wattpad deleted this again I hate it sooooo much but I rewrote this quickly and it's pretty bad. Not edited so if you point out typos you die simple as that. Learning from the best (Paige @fivesaucewhoop)

I was up and ready for the bus early on Monday morning but I stepped outside to find Ashton in his ute waiting for me. I gave him a questioning look and I could see him giggle as he leant over to open the passenger door for me.

As soon as I got in, he answered the question I'd asked simply with my facial expressions.

"I needed a study buddy." He blushed.

I blushed too. Why? I rolled my eyes at myself.

"Are we going to the library?" I asked.

"We are."

"What are your subjects?" I questioned.

"Music, Drama, PDHPE, PASS, general English and history." He answered.

"What do you have to do for music?" I asked.

"We had to analyze three songs from different genres, artists and eras, write two songs of different genres and perform them with different instruments and we were given a movie to create a new score to. There was also a written component with about 50 multiple choice questions and a long response."

"That's heaps. How are you going with it?."

"It's pretty much all out of the way."

"What songs did you have to analyze and what was the movie?"

"I did a Leonardi DaVinci, Bon Jovi and one from the James Bond soundtrack. The movie I did was also James Bond because it's easy."

I giggled at how much of a nerd he was and then asked "How about the songs you wrote?" With even more interest.

"I tried to write this classical piece, but it turned more jazzy, so I know play it on the saxophone. The other one I got Calum to help me with."

We studied in the library, we decided his History and English needed most work, but we ended up laughing loudly and talking about other things a lot so we got told off by an ugly librarian.

That day was our last PE lesson together and we were both sitting out still. The class was just being forced to muck around with a few different games on the oval again so we were allowed to sit and talk. We were seated on the grass near the water tank where we'd first kissed.

I had been explaining my phobias to Ashton. So far I'd told him Cockroaches, rats, tomato sauce, fire and sort of Vegemite.

"No, Vegemite is just ridiculous. And tomato sauce. How could you?" He seemed personally offended.

"Well Vegemite just looks and tasted gross. Wouldn't you rather Nutella on your toast?" I said.

"No." He answered shortly. "How about the sauce, it's just like barbecue but with a few different ingredients and it's red."

"Exactly the problem. Its red."

"What! You literally just told me that was one of your favourite colours." He was right. We had just finished a conversation about our favourite things.

"It is. But that amount f food colouring grosses me out."

Ashton shook his head in disbelief.

"I sort of understand cockroaches and rats. It's similar to how other girls are all scared of spiders and snakes."

"Yeah." I giggled.

"You're funny." He said, tone of voice suddenly changing.

"You don't appear to be in laughter." I argued.