Chapter 34

A/N: Hey, guys! I'm back and more tired than ever! I want to apologize for my absence lately, things have been hard with family and things in and outside of school and I've been trying my best to pour in enough effort within this chapter for you guys without it seeming a little... what's the word... "half-assed"? So I'm sorry again in advance and I hope you can enjoy reading this chapter. Also, I would like to inform you that I know in the past Author Notes that I said I was going write this chapter to be the last one but decided to add one more chapter before my last update of the epilogue. So without further ado, please enjoy and have a lovely day/night <3
-YummKimchii :)

*
"I rather be free... free... free... from here..."
-Rebecca Sugar
*

A blanket of bright stars laid upon the dark sky. The moon shining upon Camp Campbell as the campers and counselors gathered around the campfire, well, the very last campfire.

All of Y/n's attention was consumed by the flame the toasted the marshmallow, melting on the stick. The sight of it brought a smile to Y/n's face. She was practically drooling over the white treat. She licked her lips as she removed the marshmallow away from the fire. She then held it in front of Max as he clasped the marshmallow between two-gram crackers.

"You forget to layer on the chocolate! It's not even a s'more without the chocolate!" Y/n whined as she pitied over the treat.

Max rolled his eyes before snatching the treat out of her hands and taking a huge bite out of the (not even a) s'more. "I'll just.. eat... it... then." He said between bites before swallowing everything in whole.
He looked over at Y/n with a sly grin and took in the view of her shocked looked. He chuckled lightly but groaned in pain when he felt a sharp punch on his bicep. He winced as he rubbed the throbbing muscle and watched Y/n happily skip over to Gwen to get receive a few more marshmallows. "You're evil..." He mumbled.

Y/n's eyebrow arched as she munched on the marshmallow. She stood in front of Max and leaned in, inches away from his face and said, "Get bent."

"Okay!, Okay! Settle down, everyone!" David commanded. He sat down next to Gwen and pulled out his guitar from behind the log, and placed it on his knee. He looked around at the campers who smiled at him, he smiled back. "I know you all know that tonight is actually our last night being together. Tonight is our last night being Camp Campbell. I just want to all let you know that I had fun and I am extremely grateful that I have met you all.. so let this be the night that we sit back and relax."

Everyone shortly after started to converse. Chatter was filling the air, along with the cracking of the campfire, and the light tone of strumming coming from David's guitar strings.

Y/n, on the other hand, rested her head on Max's shoulders and watched the fire sway back and forth. Dancing with the nice breeze that brushed against her skin. She smiled as she nuzzled herself a little closer to Max's body.

"Hey, Max?" She called, ever so softly.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"What's going to happen tomorrow? To us?"

Max frowned as he wrapped his arm around Y/n's shoulders and held her with a warm and tight embrace. He deeply sighed, "I don't know.."

*

Y/n yawned when she woke up to the sun peeking through the tiny holes of the tent, that laid gracefully on her (skin color) skin. She rubbed her temples and swung her legs off her cot.

When she opened her eyes and looked to be taken back by the sight of folded blankets on Max's cot. There was no sign or trace of him in the tent. Y/n scratched her head as she got up from her cot and pulled out her duffel bag. She swung the bag onto her cot and pulled out some comfy clothes to wear.