3 ~ nerd

'Good evening children.' Dumbledore spoke.

The entire great hall started to got silent. You looked around for a moment. A few children were staring at Harry. Looking at him as if he was some sort of traitor.

'Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while professor Hagrid is on temporary leave.'

Hagrid wasn't there? That was pretty serious. Hagird was always there. Taking care of his own creatures. You often visited him with Harry, Hermione and Ron. He was a good listener.

'We also wish to welcome our new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher professor Dolores Umbridge.'

You saw a woman with short brown hair and brown eyes. She wore a pink outfit. It was awful to look at. Like some tore her out of a 5 year olds dream and stuffed an ugly face on it. She let out a small giggle.

'And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker mister Filch, has asked me to remind you-'

He was cut off by Umbridge. She coughed. Dumbledore sighed a little before looking at her. Everyone looked at her.  She placed her pink bag on the table and got up. She stepped forwards.

'Thank you Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faves smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends.'

You didn't really think that was going to happen. You didn't know her but something about her didn't seem right.

'That's likely.' Fred and George spoke in unison.

'The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought some new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged.'

You sighed and leaned your head on your hand. She wasn't very interesting to you. She bored you.

'I don't like her.' You whispered at Luna.

'Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited.'

She let out another weird chuckle or giggle. You didn't know what it was. All you knew was that it was highly annoying. She walked back to her spot. Dumbledore began to clap and slowly everyone joined in.

'Thank you, professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating.'

The rest of his speech wasn't really interesting. You just focussed on the food. Then everyone slowly started to leave.

You got up and walked towards the common room.

-

You were heading to your first lesson from Umbridge. You weren't really excited. You walked into the classroom. You sat down besides Hermione. You saw Draco sitting further in the classroom.

'Are you also as excited as I am?' You asked.

You didn't have any books. You just had a quill and some paper with you. Suddenly a paper ball flew against your face. You turned your head in the direction it came from and you saw Draco and his friends laughing. You shot Draco a look and threw the paper in the floor.

'Good throw Gregory.' Draco laughed.

'Don't give me that. I know it was you, Malfoy.' You sighed.

You looked up and saw a paper bird flying through the classroom. You acutally looked up to ignore any remarks from Draco.

You smiled as it moved your way. You blew up and the bird made a beautiful swirl before flying towards Draco. He got up and slammed it aside.