19 ~ let's just go

So at the end of this chapter I'll be skipping to the end of the year because I kinda want to get this book where I want it to go and not waste my time writing what I consider bad chapters just to get through everything that happens in fifth year.

Enjoy!

-

As long as you just kept this going it would all be okay. No thinking, no sadness, no heartbreak. Just words and a future of success.

'Y/N.'

Just ignore it all. Focussed on your own stuff. You're going to nail this. You can do this. Just keep reading and writing. No room for distractions.

'Y/N!'

Two hands hit the table and took you out of your zone. You looked up and saw Luna and Hermione. Hermione was the one with her hands slammed onto the table.

'Thank you.' Luna said. 'I've been trying to talk to her all day.'

'You were wayyyy too deep into a regular defence against the dark arts book.' Hermione said.

'What do you guys want? Can't you see in studying?'

'I'll handle this Hermione. Thank you.' Luna said.

Hermione walked away and Luna said down.

'Tell me what happened.' She said.

You rolled your eyes and sighed while picking up your book and holding it in front of your face. Luna pushed it down.

'Go away!' You hissed.

'You've been like this ever since you met-' she stopped herself when you raised your brows at her. 'You know.. him. You're just focussing on studying and it's worrying. I mean, it's not that you never study but not as hard as this! You don't need it!'

'Can you let me do what I need to do?' You asked.

'No. I want to help you. If something is wrong, I want to be there for you.'

'Nothing is wrong. I'm just studying for my O.W.Ls.'

You looked back at your book.

'He broke your heart again, didn't he?' Luna asked.

You didn't answer her, hoping she'd go away. She stayed. Of course she did.

'Y/N.' You sighed in frustration.

'I'm going to get you kicked out.' You hissed.

You glanced past her head and saw Draco. You quickly looked back at your book, almost hid behind it again. Luna looked behind her and saw Draco.

'He did, didn't he?'

'Not at all, he likes me too.' You said.

Luna pulled your book away.

'That's amazing!' She smiled.

'Of course. As I said, I was just studying.'

You pulled your book back and continued writing. She didn't need to know everything.

'So are you two going out now?'

You didn't say anything. Why didn't she just let it go? You answered her, didn't you?

'Y/N, I asked you something.'

'Can you please just leave me alone?' You asked. 'This is important.'

'You promised you'd tell me.'

She was looking at you with puppy eyes. You did promise her.. you couldn't deny that. You sighed, closed your book and looked at him.

'He likes me, but he says we can't be together. I can't tell you why, but that's how it is.. and that's fine.'

'It's clearly not Y/N.. are you okay?'

'I am. Can I get back to studying now?'

-

During the O.W.Ls, everything kinda went wrong.. after the O.W.Ls, everything kinda went wrong. Harry was mad at you.. very mad.

He said that if you wouldn't have quit the DA, this all wouldn't have happened. You couldn't have stopped Sirius death. Even if you would've been there.. it wouldn't have worked. You wouldn't have been able to do anything.

Everything was weighing on you. Harry was mad at you before, but this was insane. The rest could've been made right.. He really hated you now.

The letter you got from your parents didn't make it much better. You were going to be picked up by Narcissa and Lucius. Your parents had some other business to attend. It meant you had to go home with Draco in a car from the ministry.

You were walking towards the train. Most of the students were infront of you. You were dreading the moment to get onto that train. Your stomach hurt, knowing you had to face a holiday with endless misery.

Draco was even further behind with his friends. He watched you. He heard Harry yell at you the other day. It pained him, knowing you were hurting even more.

His friends were just fooling around and smiling. He was a prefect now. He didn't know if he was proud of it or not. His father said that he did "pretty well" on achieving that.

He watched you get into the train. He knew you didn't want to go home. He quickly hurried after you. He watched you scan the train and enter an empty compartment.

He couldn't go after you now. He had to talk to you later.

'Draco, come on.' Pansy said.

He looked at his friends and walked with him.

You sat alone during most of the train ride. Well, alone.. some first years joined you, but you didn't pay a lot of attention to it. You just stared outside and tried to ignore the noise that was coming out of their tiny mouths. Were you ever this annoying?

When you got out of the train, you allowed yourself to take a moment. You had to prepare yourself a little. You saw Draco's friends heading home.

A comforting hand placed itself on your shoulder. You looked behind you and saw Draco.

'You ready?' He asked.

You just nodded and grabbed your bags.

'Don't mind Harry too much. It wasn't your fault, Y/N.'

You looked at him. How did he know about that? How did he know he was blaming you?

'How-'

'I heard him yelling at you. Telling you it's your fault that Sirius is dead.' Draco said. 'It's not your fault. Even if you were there, you probably wouldn't be able to do anything.'

'Thanks.' You said with a weak smile.

You grabbed the rest of your bags.

'Y/N.. You know I'm doing what I do to protect you, right?'

You looked at him and nodded.

'I know. I just don't think I need protection.' You said. 'But it's sweet and I accept your decision.'

You didn't accept it, but you had done some thinking yourself. You weren't accepted by the good side.. You weren't accepted by the bad side. The good side was pretty pissed at you and you had no idea how to fix that.. so maybe you could be accepted by your parents? Maybe you could fix something there..

'Let's just go.' You said.