13 ~ I'm sorry

'Y/N.'

Hermione pulled you out of your train of thoughts again. The kiss replayed itself a thousand times inside your head. It was torture.

Draco hadn't spoken to you since. It had only been a day but it was clear that he was avoiding you like you avoided him at the start of the holiday. It was difficult for you to know what that kiss meant. If it even meant anything to him.

'Are you okay?' Hermione asked with a worried look.

'I'm fine.' You tried to smile.

'Are you sure? You look a bit depressed. Did anything happen this holiday?' She asked.

'A lot happened.. but nothing important.' You said.

You then saw Draco passing your compartment.

'Excuse me for a moment.'

You got up and hurried after him. You almost ran through the train. You grabbed his arm. Draco turned around and looked at you.

'Can we please talk?' You asked.

'Not now.' He said.

'Then when?' You asked.

'Not now. You know we can't be seen together. Think about my friends.'

Was that what he was thinking about now?

'Can't be seen- is that seriously what's most important to you right now?'

'I'm sorry.'

Draco pulled his arm back and walked towards the compartment his friends were in. You let out a sigh. You watched him sit down with his friends. His reputation was more important than what happened? Maybe it really didn't mean anything to him.

You walked away, back to your compartment. You saw that your friends had candy.

'Where did you go?' Ron asked. 'You missed the candy lady.'

'Oh that's fine.'

You sat back down. Hermione watched you look out of the window. You didn't know what to do. You had to talk to him. You couldn't ignore this.

'Y/N.'

You looked at her.

'You promised you would trust us.' Hermione said. 'You seem even more depressed since you came back.'

'There's nothing going on.' You said. 'I'm just tired. Don't worry about it. I trust you guys.'

You managed to force yourself to smile. Ron handed you a chocolate frog. You grabbed it and ate it.

When you arrived you hurried out of the train before your friends. You looked around. You saw Draco with his friends. You stopped a moment. You wanted to talk to him but he would never do that when he was with his friends. You just had to find some time to talk to him inside the castle. You sighed and your friends joined you in a carriage.

'You were gone pretty quickly.' Hermione said.

'You guys are just slow.' You replied.

Draco and his friends were in the carriage in front of you. If you were quick you could get him to talk to you before dinner.

'How did it go with your parents?' Ron asked.

You looked at him.

'It was okay. They were horrible all the time. I just didn't get any new stuff.'

'Y/N.. I'm sorry but your stuff is.. old and broken and.. old fashioned.'

'I know.. but I'm not worth much to them so why would they spend money on me?' You asked.