Chapter 66

The post-tour party was really fun, so we ended up staying way longer than thirty minutes. Not that either of us were partying. I nursed the same glass of wine all night, and Shawn had maybe two beers tops. Sobriety was important for what was in store for us later.

Was it stupid to consider rushing back into a sexual relationship? Maybe. But I knew that reconnecting that way was going to help us heal. We weren't a new couple who needed to take our time. Shawn and I were in love and I desperately wanted to show him how much I'd missed him, and I needed him to do the same for me.

As much as I wanted to be close to him, I didn't cling to Shawn at the party, because I understood that he had people to thank and talk to. The end of a tour was a huge deal and was cause for celebration. So much work went into the whole production, and Shawn was grateful to each person who helped make it happen.

I took the opportunity to catch up with members of his team who I had not seen in a while. Teddy and her wife couldn't be there because they were expecting a baby soon but many of my other friends from that summer were. Geoff teased that if Shawn and I didn't work out this time, he was kicking his ass. It was clear that Shawn told his friends he was to blame for our break-up, and I appreciated that he was holding himself accountable.

I also spent some time with Shawn's family. They didn't say anything about our obvious reunion, but I could tell from their smiles that they were happy for us. Maybe Paige was right that everyone knew we'd find our way back to each other.

Throughout the night, Shawn's eyes periodically found mine, no matter how far apart we were from each other. His gaze told me that he couldn't wait to have me alone. I could feel my core quiver with anticipation, and I knew he was reading me like a book from the smirk he kept giving me.

I found myself chatting with Andrew and Ziggy after many people had gone home.

"I'm trying to get Shawn to release your song as a single," Ziggy said. "He told me it's up to you."

"I'm sure people were recording him tonight, so it's going to get out there one way or another. If he wants to release it, then I'm all for it," I said.

"People are going to know it was written for you, and there will be buzz, are you ready for that?" Andrew asked.

"At this point, won't it be a welcome distraction from the Kat scandal?"

"Hell yes," Andrew said.

They left to talk to someone else and I went to use the restroom. Someone was waiting for me outside the door when I came out.

"Are you ready to go home?" Shawn asked.

Home.

His use of that word both excited and terrified me. I wasn't sure if I'd be moving back in right away, but it had once been our home. We'd shared so much happiness in that condo, and I hoped we'd be sharing more in the future.

"I'm so ready."

He grabbed my hand and led me out to the small limo which was conveniently parked right in front of the door. There was a small crowd gathered there, but a pair of bodyguards cleared the way for us.

"No pictures with fans tonight?" I asked once we were inside the car.

"Nope. From this point on tonight my focus is solely on you. Nothing else matters."

My heart skipped a beat at his words. I loved feeling that I was his priority.

I rested my head on Shawn's shoulder as we started the short trip to his condo. We'd traveled several blocks and then we came to a stop. The car didn't move for at least five minutes.