Chapter 79

"Slow down!" I warned Shawn as he sped down the highway towards Toronto.

"Chels, you've been messing with me all morning. I either need to get you home quickly or pull over and fuck you on the side of the road."

Hmmmm. That didn't sound so bad.

After we'd taken turns watching each other get off, Shawn and I had fallen back asleep. He'd woken me up an hour later by given me the poke. Things were just getting heated when Aaliyah banged on the door to tell us breakfast was ready.

My husband had not been happy.

When we went down to the kitchen, Karen and Manny were busily serving up pancakes and bacon with huge smiles on their faces. I nudged Shawn in the ribs and nodded towards them. He made a face indicating he was disgusted.

Throughout breakfast, I kept my hand on his crotch, thankful for the holiday tablecloth that kept this act private. Shawn had on flannel pants and I considered slipping my hand inside them, but thought better of it.

After we'd eaten, Shawn wanted to leave for obvious reasons. When I agreed to play Aaliyah at Scrabble, I thought he might explode and not in the fun way I'd enjoyed watching a few hours earlier. When the game ended (Aaliyah kicked my butt) I sat with Karen and had tea while she showed me Shawn's baby album. Shawn was sitting in the family room with his dad and kept texting me.

Shawn❤️: we should hit the road soon

Shawn❤️: are you almost done?

Shawn❤️: lets go

Shawn❤️: are you leaving me on read?

Shawn❤️: chels

Shawn❤️: CHELS

"We should get going," I said as I got up from the table after looking at probably ten photo albums.

As soon as the words left my mouth, Shawn was standing by the front door. He'd already loaded up the car hours ago.

We hit traffic just outside of the city and Shawn started anxiously hitting the heel of his hand on the steering wheel.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so worked up," I said with a laugh.

He looked at me, his expression serious. "You have no idea what you did to me this morning."

"But you got off. Wasn't that enough?"

"It wasn't you," he said simply.

Within seconds of entering our condo he got what he wanted right there on the entranceway floor. I was thankful I'd bought a rug for that space after I'd moved back in or else we'd both have bruises from the hard floor.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing. It was snowing, so we snuggled on the couch watching movies as fluffy white flakes swirled just outside the big windows. Canada was ridiculously cold for months out of the year, but I loved the snow.

Shawn's parents sent us home with leftover turkey and all the fixings, so I made hot turkey sandwiches covered in gravy for dinner. They were so good that I decided I should add it to the menu at the bistro next year. I could serve it Thanksgiving through Christmas.

We went to bed fairly early since I had work the next day and I dozed off thinking about how wonderful the holiday had been.

                             ~~~~~~