chapter 9

IVY'S POV
*i turn on the water and while it heats up, i connect my phone to my speaker to play music. once it heats up to the temperature i like, i undress and get in. i start singing while i rinse off my body. i'm not the best singer but people have told me i'm good. i wash the shampoo out of my hair, feeling the water run down my back and face. i shut off the water and wrap the towel around my body and my hair. i wash my face and put on a face mask before walking into my closet to find an outfit. today is new year's eve. my sister is still in a coma. joey is here with me. who knows what will happen later tonight? all i know is, i'm taking joey to see the fireworks. i put on some high waisted blue jeans with a red and white striped tube top and a cropped black sweater. i braid my hair and do my skincare routine. i apply my lipbalm and make my bed. i walk downstairs to see joey dancing while cooking. i smile to myself and run up behind him. i jump on his back, making him scream like a little girl that got her ice cream taken away. i laugh as hard as i have in awhile and hug him.*

ivy- joey it's just me.

joey- you scared me.

ivy- no really?

joey- bully.

ivy- oh shut it birlem.

joey- make me.

ivy- ew.

joey- i'm not that bad.

ivy- i mean... eh.

joey- rudeeee.

ivy- happy new year's eve birlem.

joey- happy new year's eve to you too loser.

ivy- and im rude one?

*once we finished eating breakfast and joey got ready, we went to the hospital to see if my sister had waken up. the doctor said she hadn't and we couldn't see her. we went back home and i laid in bed. joey was downstairs doing something.*

JOEY'S POV
*when ivy heard the news about her sister, i saw how fast her emotions changed. i hate how i can't relate to how she feels and i don't know how to make it better. i go home in a few days and i really don't want to leave her. when we got home, i stayed downstairs while she went to her room. i told her it was because i wanted her to have some alone time but it's really because i was going to do something and surprise her. i got 2 bouquets of flowers delivered to her house. i made a trail of rose petals from one bouquet; starting right in front of her bedroom door all the way downstairs to the kitchen. i lined the perimeter with some small unscented candles. i really hope this works well. i'm so nervous. i got her favorite candy and one of my hoodies. i grabbed the bouquet of roses, holding them in my hand, put the candy in my other hand, and draped the sweatshirt over my arm.*

joey- hey ivy! can you come down?

ivy- yeah i'm coming!

*i saw her walk out of her room with a confused look on her face. i smile and laugh softly as she continues walking towards me. i see a smile start to grow onto her face once she sees me. she walks right in front of me and looks at me.*

ivy- joey what's going on? this is beautiful.

joey- just listen okay?

ivy- okay.

joey- ivy, we met on a cruise because i "accidentally" dropped a piece of paper with my number on it. i'm so glad that you texted me and we went to the movie. we grew so close so fast and i wouldn't have wanted it any other way. you make me smile days on end and i can't thank you enough. facetiming you is my favorite thing to do when im not with you and when i am with you, i love laying in bed and cuddling with you. i never thought our relationship would turn into this and i'd feel this way towards you. what i'm saying is, i like you, a lot. i want to be able to spoil you, call you mine, hold you, kiss you, and so much more. ivy, will you be my girlfriend?

ivy- oh my gosh joey! yes of course!

IVY'S POV
*i stood up and walked downstairs. i saw rose petals and flowers. i was confused on what was happening. when i got a little farther down, i saw joey in the kitchen holding roses, a hoodie, and my favorite candy. i asked him what was going on and he told me to listen. he told me all his feelings and asked me out. i said yes and hugged him so tight. i had teared up when he was talking and i let all the tears out on his shoulder. this boy is finally mine.*

ivy- you're so cute.

joey- so are you princess.

ivy- do i get to keep that jacket?

joey- it's all yours.

ivy- yeah until it looses your scent and i give it back to you.

joey- if that's what you want.

*i kiss his cheek softly and smile big. he's so perfect and knows how to make me feel better. he comforts me when i need him the most and i couldn't ask for anyone better.*

joey- i have to tell you something though and i don't want to ruin the mood but you have to know.

ivy- what is it?