chapter 13

IVY'S POV
*joey and i stayed on the phone the rest of the night. i tried to act happy but inside, i'm not. i miss joey. i miss my sister. i want her home. if she passes, i'll have to go to an adoption center.  right now it was 6am, i made joey go to sleep around 1am and i only got a few hours of sleep. i sat in my window watching the sunrise. i never realized how beautiful the world is and how much i take it for granted. i took my sister's life for granted and now she's in the hospital. i thought she was going to be here for me till i was old and wrinkly but that might not happen. i started crying softly, not wanting to wake joey up. i saw him move and my breathing hitched. i was hoping he wasn't awake. he turned towards me and saw my face. he face changed instantly into worry.*

joey- baby.

ivy- yeah..

joey- why are you crying?

ivy- my life sucks.. i only have you and my sister but she might not make it. then i'll have to be put up for adoption.

joey- you could always live with me.

ivy- i don't want to interfere with your family and your house.

joey- princess, you're like family.

*i nod a little and wipe my eyes. i put his jacket on and yawned*

joey- how long did you sleep?

ivy- like 4 hours.

joey- try to sleep some more.

ivy- stay on the phone.. please..

joey- i will love.

*i walked over to my bed with my phone in my hand. i plugged it in and set it up on my nightstand so he could still see me.*

joey- goodnight baby.

ivy- goodnight or good morning babe.

joey- i love you.

ivy- i love you too.

*i closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep. i woke up to pounding on my door around 10:48am. i looked at my phone and saw joey was looking at me.*

joey- were you expecting anyone?

ivy- n-no. i'm scared.

joey- look out your window or look through the eye hole.

ivy- okay..

*i stood up quietly and looked out my window. there was no car and so i walked downstairs with my phone in my hand and carefully, walked over to the door and looked through the eyehole. it was someone in black and i covered my mouth with my hand. joey looked at me worried and ran downstairs to his mom. i looked at him and his mom on facetime while they talked. his mom told me to make sure all the doors were locked and all the blinds were shut. i did what she said and sat in my room.*

ivy- what do i do now?

joey's mom- i'm going to call the police. joey, what's her address?