chapter 29

IVY'S POV
*i wake up in the middle of the night out of nowhere. i rub my eyes and stay in joey's arms. i don't want to wake him up and as of now, i'm just thinking about everything that is happening. my dad is alive and a criminal, i'm moving because i'm not safe, and now i don't even know if my mom is alive. i take a deep breath and close my eyes, trying to go back to sleep.*

- 3 hours later -
*i wake up with joey next to me and it's 8 o'clock am. i sit up and stretch from laying in the same position all night. i walk into the bathroom at the hotel and rinse my face off after sitting there for a few minutes. i wash my face, brush my teeth, and do my skincare routine. i lay back down in bed and joey rolls into me. i play with his hair and hold him.*

joey- good morning princess

ivy- good morning my love, how did you sleep?

joey- i've slept better especially since this is a hotel

ivy- amen to that. do you want to get ready then meet with your family to get breakfast?

joey- sounds like a plan, i think we have our flight to north carolina today too

ivy- okay, i just need to get dressed. i'll shower later

joey- are you sure you don't want to right now? i can wait

ivy- i'm sure birlem

*he gets up and stretches. i smile, earning a smile back from him. he kisses my forehead and walks into the bathroom. i smile bigger to myself and quickly change before he comes back out. i put on a white tank top, gray shorts, and some sandals.*

*i look at the mirror while i brush my hair and curl it in order to have loose waves

*i look at the mirror while i brush my hair and curl it in order to have loose waves. 15 minutes later, joey comes out ready to go and starts complementing me. i cover my face as i blush, only feeling him kiss my hands. i cup his face and kiss him softly. he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses back.*

joey- i'll texted my mom while i was getting ready. she said to meet them in the lobby at 10:30.

ivy- it's 9:30 right?

joey- yeah which means time to cuddle

ivy- and this is why i love you!

joey- well guess what baby

ivy- what birlem

joey- i love you more than you love me

ivy- no way

joey- yes way

ivy- prove it then mister