chapter 38

IVY'S POV
*i couldn't sleep and i laid in joey's arms all night. i get out of bed at 8 o'clock and quietly walk downstairs. i make my sister's favorite breakfast which was raisin bread toast and hot tea. i sit down at the table and take a bite of the bread while my tea cools down. i finish eating and i walk back upstairs but into my new room. i put on a pair of leggings, a tank top, tie my running shoes, and put my headphones in. i write a note that says "good morning baby. i went on a run so if i'm not back by the time you get up, don't worry. i have my phone with me too. i love you - ivy" and i place it down on joey's nightstand. i walk downstairs and out the front door as i start jogging down the street. i put my gps on so i would end up at a small park and after 15 minutes of jogging, i got there. i drink out of the water bottle and sit down on the bench. i look around and jump as my phone goes off. i answer the call without looking at the contact name.*

ivy- hey

joey- good morning baby

ivy- good morning sleepyhead

joey- how was your run?

ivy- it's good. i'm at a park about 15 minutes away. i just stopped here for a small break and then i'm coming back home

joey- that's good. since when did you run?

ivy- i've been on a track team since middle school, remember? i told you when we first met

joey- oh yeah i can't think straight i just woke up

ivy- figures

*i laugh softly and i hear him laugh on the other side of the line. we say our goodbyes and i love yous before i hang up. i play my music again and start running back to joey's house. i run and stop at stop signs every so often and after 15 minutes of running again, i walk into joey's house and knock on his door. he yells "come in" and i open the door, walking into his room.*

joey- baby!!

ivy- i'm backk

*he runs over to hug me but i back up. he pouts and i cup his face.*

joey- why can't i hug you?

ivy- i'm all sweaty

joey- i don't care baby. i have to shower too

ivy- fine fine i need a hug from my boy anyway

*he smiles big and hugs me tight, lifting me up. i squeal holding onto him tightly and wrapping my legs around him. he giggles and puts me down, still holding my waist and softly kisses me. i kiss him back and giggle.*

joey- go take a shower sweaty

ivy- says the one who wanted to hug me first

joey- don't come for me like that

ivy- just did. take the L

*i laugh as i lock the bathroom door and i hear him laughing along. i shake my head while smiling and i turn on the water before i undress. i do the usual. wash my face, brush my teeth, get in the shower, wash my hair and body, then get out and do my skincare. i put on a jean shorts with a white tank top and braid my hair. i pull out a couple baby hairs so i don't look bald.*