chapter 28

IVY'S POV

ivy- baby what's going on?

joey- i don't know but my mom said we needed to go to the hotel she's at as soon as we can.

ivy- okay let me call an uber.

*i hold onto his hand and order the uber to come. within 15 minutes, the uber arrives at the beach and we get in. joey tells him the address to the hotel his mom and family are at. i could tell he was worried and i hold his hand in my lap while rubbing my thumb over his knuckles. he lays his head on my shoulder and sighs. i look at him.*

ivy- whatever is going on we can get through it. it sounds cheesy but i'm here for you

joey- my mom said it wasn't safe at your house anymore and they have all your stuff packed. i'm scared for both of us.. but more you

ivy- we'll figure it out baby

joey- promise?

ivy- i promise you

*we get to the hotel 30 minutes later and i quickly pay the driver. joey gets out and holds my hand, pulling me with him. we quickly walk into the lobby and see his mom. he rushes over to her and hugs her tightly. i stand there and wait to give her a hug. after a few seconds, i give her a hug and she starts explaining.*

jen- so when joey's sisters and i got back to your house, we knew you guys were gone but windows were smashed and the downstairs was a mess. we called the cops and they came to investigate. they got fingerprints and scanned them. they came back as a man with the same last name as ivy.

*my breathing hitches and i get closer to joey. he wraps his arms around me and looks at him mom worriedly.*

ivy- it was probably m-my d-dad...

jen- i assumed so. but that is why we have all your stuff here with us and some of your sisters things from her room.

*i nod and try to hide that i'm shaking. i could tell that joey felt it because he looks at his mom and asks for the room key to our room. she hands it to him and we walk to our room. i sit down on the bed and put my head in my hands. joey rushes over to me and wraps his arms around me. i take a deep breath and start crying. we were having so much fun and i ruined it again.*

ivy- i'm so sorry...

joey- sorry about what baby?

ivy- i always ruin our fun days..

joey- you didn't ruin today. what are you talking about?

ivy- yes i did.. you were going to take me out to dinner but we had to come here because of my dad who is sadly related to me.

joey- ivy look at me right now.

*i look at him as tears fill my eyes and roll down my cheeks.*

JOEY'S POV

joey- none of this is your fault. it's all your dads and you don't need to apologize for anything, not even how we could go to dinner or because you're crying. you're human and things happen in life. you're allowed to cry and i'm not going to ever bring you down because of you crying. i love you with all my heart and i know you don't want to feel like this. everything will get better soon.

ivy- i love you so much..

*i wrap my arms around her waist as she sniffles. she wraps her arms around my neck and holds me close. she sighs and looks at the ceiling.*

ivy- i really wanted today to be a good day.

joey- and it was baby. i promise you.

ivy- i just wish i had it easy sometimes..

joey- i know you do my love, i wish you did too. this is all making you a stronger person.

ivy- you have so much faith in everything. i don't know how you do it.. teach me your ways

*she giggles while i wipe her tears away. i look at her with all seriousness on my face and cup her face.*

joey- do you want to know how?

ivy- please

joey- i just always have to remember that i might not be here tomorrow or someone i love won't be here tomorrow. i try to live my life everyday so i know i lived the best i could.

ivy- god i love you

joey- i love you so much more

*i kiss her softly, feeling her kiss back. we pull away and she explains why she admires me. i can't stop smiling which causes me to blush.*

ivy- awh my boy is blushingg

joey- pfft am not

ivy- your cheeks on your face say something different

joey- ahh stopp

*she giggles and plays with my hair. i relax and pull the covers over us. she turns on the tv and we find a random show to watch. this girl deserves all the love in the world and i can't ever lose her. there's no way i would live. she doesn't have any family left and she's moving away from her hometown. i can't imagine how she feels.*

joey- baby are you feeling okay about everything going on?

ivy- i mean, it's hard but i can't control it

joey- what about moving?

ivy- i'm in between. i want to move because i want to start over and i'm not safe here but i grew up here and that house is the last one with my sister.

joey- she's watching over you everyday my love

ivy- i know, it's going to be 1 month soon...

joey- it'll be okay, we'll celebrate

ivy- i don't want to celebrate her death

joey- i know and we won't. we will celebrate the life she lived and your guys' bond

ivy- thank you. i appreciate so much

joey- anything for my girl

*we are starting new. somewhere else. we are in love and young. there is trouble and there is chaos but that's just life. we will find a way to get through it. i close my eyes thinking about everything that is about to change. ivy turns off the light and lays down. i hold her close by her waist and we slowly fall asleep.*